chapter 61

Hours went by... Christyl was almost lifeless. "David please let a doc check on her." I begged. "No! She'll die, just like you Paige!" "No! SHE WON'T DIE!!!" I screamed at him. "Please!!" I sobbed. Mom was still 'sleeping' after the knockout. I looked at one man of the swat team, mouthing for help. He nodded like he understood me. He made strange signs with his hands and fingers. David brought the knife back to my neck. "What a shame to kill you. You're really beautiful, but yet again so dumb." I felt the blade digging in my skin again. I never wanted to leave this place in this way. Tears covered my cheeks. "David..." I literally swallowed my voice. In the corner of my eyes i saw the swat team getting closer. Once i looked up at David again, i saw the most devilish smile. He was happy about our pain. "Say goodbye to your future little Paige." The pain in my neck became more than worse. "Please, David I'm begging! Let us go!" "No!" I closed my eyes, i didn't wanted to see his face when i leave this earth. I wanted to see Jay... I wanted to feel his soft skin...

I heard a loud shot, which made me open my eyes again. David's eyes... He stared at me with a shocked look. I looked up to his forehead, where a hole was. Blood began to run down his face. Then suddenly his head crashed on the table. In that moment i felt arms around, pulling me closer to the body behind me. "Miss, I'll help you." The deep voice relaxed me. I saw paramedics rushing to mom and Christyl. I had no more tears to cry. The man helped me to another paramedics. "What's your name Miss?" "Paige..." "Good. Paige, i gonna wrap your leg up. You have to get stitched up." I nodded, collapsing on the stretcher. As the paramedics brought me to the ambulance, i saw Sergeant Erickson. "Paige! Are you okay?" "Yes Sergeant. Don't worry about me. Can you take care of my mom and Christyl?" "I will."

Once the doctor at the hospital stitched the wounds, i was allowed to go home. Luckily David didn't hit anything Important. But instead of going home i waited for Mom and Christyl. I waited in the ER as a doc came out of one room. I stopped him. "How's my mom and my friend?" "Well Miss, i need names to help you." "Constance Leto and Christyl Amelli." "Oh yes, i checked your mom, she's fine and can actually go home, but I don't know anything about your friend. Please wait here and I'll ask." I nodded and waited for him to come back. It took a few minutes, but he came back. "Your friend isn't in good condition, she's getting operated right now. I told the nurses to call you if she gets out of it. Go home." He smiled at me. I nodded and stood up. I limbed the hallway down, hearing my name. I turned around and saw mom. She walked over to me and hugged me immediately. "I'm glad you're okay!"