chapter 39

*Jared's POV*

It's been almost a year now, our anniversary has arrived. I still hoped that Paige forgot about this day or at least hadn't planned anything.
I drove one last time to the location to get everything ready. This time Shannon joined me. We arrived and I went straight to the owners for the key. Once i had it, we went to the main location, opened the door and began to bring everything there that we would need. Soon enough we were joined by Mrs Howard. She helped us with the romantic stuff, from which i hadn't that much knowledge like a woman and so had Shannon. We set up a few fake candles, since i didn't wanted to burn down everything, and Paige's favorite flowers. I organized a picnic for the next day.

The next day, our anniversary day, came and Paige got ready for work. She left like always, but i knew she would come back soon. I had a talk with Paige's boss and she gave my girlfriend a day off, but Paige didn't knew it. Since we shared the last night, she had to go to work from here, good for me. I sent Shannon to Paige's apartment to get one of her chic dresses. I have to admit that I stole her key from her.

*Paige's POV*

I went the stairs up to the agency, stepped through the heavy doors and was immediately stopped by Ms Valentine. "Paige, darling, what are you doing here?" "Uhm... I work here?" I asked puzzled. "Yeah, but it's your free day. So I'll repeat the question one more time. What are you doing here?" "Uhm..." I didn't knew what to say. How could she think it's my free day? I don't have free days, especially since i don't work here that long. I stared at my boss, totally confused. "Right. Get your ass outta here and go home to your hubby." My what? Since when do i have a husband? "Uhm... Yes... Okay... Bye Ms Valentine." I stuttered. What was going on here?

I drove straight back to my 'hubby' to ask him what this meant. A free day, on a Friday! Especially Fridays were the busiest days in a week. I parked the car in front of the garage, on my usual parking lot. I ran inside and faced Jared. He stood in the kitchen, eating a banana and smiling at me. "What the hell do you think who you are? You can't call my boss to give me a free day?!" I was about to explode. "Damn, i don't call your boss to make your stuff!" "Babe, relax!" His smile faded away. "Damn she'll think that I don't get my stuff dibe on my own!" "Babe! Paige! You forgot what day we have?" "It's Friday! The absolute worst day! And my boss is sending me home! Why the hell..." Before i could finish my sentence, Jared's lips crashed onto mine. "Happy anniversary day babe." He softly said. Oh my gosh! I totally forgot about this! "Jeez! I'm sorry darling! I forgot that! I'm so ashamed!" I nearly cried. It was one of the most important days in our lives, our 1-Year anniversary! I'm such a dumb idiot! I apologized for almost 100 times. "It's okay. I knew you would forget it so i planned something for today." Jared giggled. What have i done to deserve him?