chapter 55

The following 3 weeks went by so quick and i was eventually able to walk again. I had just one problem, i still couldn't bent down because my sense of balance was kinda damaged after the missing of air, when that someone tried to strangle me. Strangle me... Whenever I thought about what the police, the docs and my family had told me, i began to cry. I've never done anything to anyone... Why would someone try to kill me?

The first day back home. I couldn't believe i could go home as the doc told me I was allowed to leave. I drove with a taxi back home and was greeted by Constance and Vicki as i stood in the hallway. "Welcome back home!" They yelled. I couldn't hear that word often enough. "Thanks." I smiled.

I've been home for some hours now. Constance, Vicki and I were drinking coffee when the doorbell began to ring unstoppable. I stood up and rolled my eyes. "Patience is a virtue!" I said annoyed. As soon as i opened the door, i saw a police officer. "What the hell..." I said but stopped soon. "Sorry officer. Can i help you?" "Yes, I'm Sergeant Lou Erickson from the LAPD. I'm looking for Ms Clark." "Stands in front of you." "Good. I wanted to ask you about the night of the..." I cut him off and let him in. "Ask!" "What can you remember?" "It was in the middle of the night. It was one of these damn hot days and I couldn't sleep, so i decided to go to the gas station to buy ice cream." "And then?" "I went back home. The last thing I can remember is a lamppost in front of the driveway and a very sharp thing around my neck. I...I couldn't breathe..." I felt tears running down my cheeks as i talked about it. While I talked to the Sergeant in the kitchen, Constance and Vicki were in the living room. But as i began to cry, Mom rushed over to me. "It's okay babygirl. Let it all out." "I'm sorry Ms Clark, i have to ask you these questions." "It's alright, Don't worry Sergeant." I whipped my tears away. "Do you have anyone in mind, who could have done that?" "No, I've been actually pretty nice to all of the people i... Wait..." I loked back and forth between the Sergeant and mom. "What babygirl?" "David!" "You mean that drug dealer?" "Yes! He swore me to let me pay for it." "Ms Clark, who's David?" The sergeant asked me. "My ex boyfriend. I caught him with drungs and called the police. They arrested him and he said i would pay for calling the police." "What's his full name?" "David... Damn, it was something german or Dutch or so... L-Lubbe!" "David Lubbe?" "Yes! I believe it's a dutch name. I can remember something about that the father of his grandfather came to America from the Netherlands." "Good, thank you Ms Clark. That's all for now. But I'll come around again in the next few days. And I jave to tell you that you have to stay in Los Angeles." "I know." I lead him to the Front door. "Goodbye Ms Clark, Ms Leto." "Goodbye Sergeant Erickson."