chapter 48

*a few days later*

I hated it, when i couldn't sleep... It was 3am and more than hot. I tried everything to cool down the air in the house, but nothing worked. I had the urgent need to eat ice cream, but our fridge ran out of it. I slipped in my flipflops, grabbed my keys and my handbag and made my way to a gas station near by, which was open for 24 hours. After a short walk i arrived there and guess what... I weren't the only one who wanted ice cream in the middle of the night. A lot other people were buying ice cream. Unfortunately the gas station ran almost out of ice cream too. I found a tiny box of strawberry ice cream and paid for it. I went back home quickly, but i had a strange feeling. Although the lampposts lit up the street i had the feeling of being observed. I turned around several times, but I saw nothing than the street. Just a few more steps and I would be home again. "Paige..." I heard my name echoing in street. Who was it?! Fear spread out in my body. I continued my way, without looking behind me. I reached the big gate in front of the house and I was glad to be back home...almost...
I turned into the driveway, but was holding back soon. Something small and sharp was wrapped around my neck. I couldn't get any more air...Immediately i put my hands up to the thing around my neck, trying to loosen it. It got harder and harder to breathe... My view became blurry... The lamppost in front of me disappeared slowly... I couldn't pull that thing away any longer... My hands fell down, my knees got weak. Would my end be like this?

*Jared's POV*

I startled, jumping up from a nightmare. "Jay? Are you okay?" Shannon touched my fast rising chest. "Calm down! It was just a dream!" My heartbeat was racing. Don't panic in an airplane Jared! "Jared!" I heard my brother shouting at me. I've never had such a realistic nightmare... The worst thing was, i saw Paige in it... Someone hurt her... "Bro, come back... Talk to me! You fucking scare me to death!" I turned my head to the side, seeing the most worried look of Shannon ever. The people around us stared at me, like i was crazy. "Paige..." "She's at home... She's waiting for you to come back." Shannon calmed me down. "No... There's something wrong..." "What the hell are you talking about?" "I dreamed about her getting hurt... Shannon, I swear it was more than realistic!" "Okay, relax Jay, it was just a dream.... She's alright, believe me." I couldn't , no matter how much I wanted to believe him...