Painful Rejection: Chapter 29

Start from the beginning

"Yea!" Anna Beth squealed. "Alpha Michael and Beta Harmony are so nice!"

Archer looked up at us and raised a questioning eyebrow.

I shrugged. "We just played soccer with them."

"Well that’s more than anyone here has done in a while. Thank you." he said then turned to the kids. "How about you guys go watch some TV in the den?"

"Ok!" they all said almost instantly before rushing out.

Once they were gone, I turned to Mich. "Did you ever find out when we’d be going back to Court? We still need their opinion on our little issue."

"Um, I don’t think it’s such a good idea for you to be going there right now." he said.

I followed his eyes to my arm which I had nearly covered in gauze. I couldn’t help but worry my brand was going to get bigger at any moment so I just covered most of the area around my brand.

I sighed. "Mich, you know it’s only going to get worse. So now would be the best time."

"Harmony, I don’t know. What if the witch priestess notices or senses the brand? The Court leaders might execute you for being a menace."

I shook my head. "I’ll just use a spell or a charm. There’s bound to be one in the book Sonya gave me."

He sighed. "Well alright."

"Wait did you say they might execute you?!" Archer asked.

"Yea. I am pretty much doomed to become an Akito death demon." I said with a shrug. "Any kind of death demon is considered a menace and is executed."

"Then I think it’s pretty clear that Harmony isn’t going to Court." he said.