Painful Rejection: Chapter 26 Part 2

This came out shorter then i thought it would so i just decided to make it part of chapter 26 :P

No vote requirements DONT FORGET THE CONTEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

********

Darren refused to spare with me at first saying I was injured but I wasn’t physically harmed during my little. . .meltdown. . .so I was able to convince him to help me let off steam. So now were in the gym stretching.

“So you talked to Archer this morning” Darren said.

I smirked stretching my arms. “Jealous?”

“Well he is your mate.”

“Not in my opinion.” I huffed. “I just told him I'm officially building a case against him and for once he didn’t accuse me of wanting him so I think we’re making progress in denying the connection.”

He didn’t say anything.

“Why the suddenly silence?” I asked standing up straight.

“Well. . .i want to say that’s a good thing but. . .but he’s your mate. Shouldn’t you be trying to get together rather than apart?”

“Frist of all, me with Archer? Ew.” I said bluntly. “Second, he made his choice and he chose Marissa and I want to pretend the only tie I have with him is him being my former Alpha.”

“But he’s still your mate.”

“Shouldn’t you bee encouraging me to stay away from him.” I grimaced.

He shrugged. “I'm just thinking of what’s best for you. Ready?” he asked getting into an offensive stance.

I balled my fists tightly at the thought of being with him. “Well he definitely isn't what’s best for me.” I said swinging my fist at Darren’s head but he gracefully dodged it and swung his own punch.

“He's supposed to be. They say your mate can change themselves to fit your needs.” He said.