Painful Rejection: Chapter 28

Darkness surrounded me as I wandered the barren landscape before me. Only a faint white light that the black ground gave off helped me distinguish the ground from the black . . . wall?

Doesn’t make much sense but the ground was black and shiny like marble and gave off a white aura almost as if it was glowing.

I spun around searching for any form of life. "Hello?" I called but was only answered by my own echoed shout.

"Are you ready to let go yet?"

I jumped at the voice, the voice that constantly mocked me and seemed to be haunting me like a ghost, and spun around to find no one.

I glared at the empty space. "You again?! How many times do we have to do this before you realize I’m not going anywhere."

"But you could easily slip away in your sleep."

"And why would I want to do that?" I sighed.

"Because you and I are the only ones who know the truth about your thoughts on this curse."

I tensed up at her words.

"You act strong and brave and like you know what you’re doing and like you know exactly how to fix this but the truth is you don’t. You know your fate and the suffering you’ll endure until the end. You know your visions will turn to madness and that madness will create a damaged soul that will be cruel and psychotic once you’ve finally awakened."

I let out a short laugh. "'Awakened'. Is that what you call it?"

"But of course. You have all this power encased inside of you, not realizing the power of a werewolf-witch hybrid and an Akito witch no less! There’s a reason the Court fear hybrids and Akito witches. You’re a combination of everything they fear and they let you live. You have a great advantage and yet you keep your power locked up. Once you’ve been reborn as an Akito death demon then you’ll finally use your true power."

"Then why are you trying so hard to get me to die? If we truly share the same knowledge then you know I can’t die."