Chapter 20.

Song for the chapter plastered above (really recommend) : Justin Bieber vs Great Big World - Say Sorry (Mash Up)
-
The last chapter - Tris.

With every step I take, I feel the gnawing in my stomach start to grow. Walking through the doors, I realised that I had to be brave, I had to be strong. For him. Becoming fearless isn't the point, that's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear and how to be free from it.

Tobias could be dead, he could fine or he could be controlled. I just want to see him and hug him, either way.

We walk through another set of doors. I hold my gun out as I stand beside Shauna, walking carefully with her. As we turn around the corner, we see two men standing there. Jack and Mason. The guards that chained Tobias and I to the fence.

We walk out together and stand in front of them.

"Where is my husband? Where is Tobias?" I shout at them, raising my gun higher. I feel an urge inside me, the gnawing in my stomach growing with each passing second. He is fine.

"You mean him?" Mason says tilting his head and nodding towards us, I turn around and see him.

My breathing hitches. He looks cold, mean. Not the Tobias I fell in love with, but the Tobias that haunted my dreams a couple nights ago. He just stands there, looking straight ahead. His hands in fists and his eyes dark.

"Tobias..." I whisper as the tears begin to cloud my vision. Don't. Cry.

"It's funny isn't it?" I hear a familiar voice walking out behind him. "How easy it was to erase every memory, every feeling, every dream he has ever had."

Marlene.

"You disgust me." I say to her as she picks a piece of fluff from his shoulder. She smirks at me.

"It was really satisfying to see his eyes turn dark and the look of confusion on his face!" She chuckles evilly.

I'm really getting sick of this bitch.

She clicks a button on the tablet she holds in her hands and Tobias makes small steps towards us.

I look at Uriah, "what do we do?"

"We are hear to save our bestfriend," he looks at him, "no matter what it costs us."

I raise my gun at Marlene and she just smirks, clicking the tablet once more. Tobias walks faster towards me.

"Tobias! Tobias, it's me! Baby, it's me!" I yell at him just before he punches me in cheek. I fall to the floor. I know what I have to do.

"Shauna! Christina! Go, get out of here now!" I scream at them as Tobias jumps on top of me. I see more men and women appear with guns.

"You need us!" Christina yells.

"I can't loose you two! Go, now!" I yell louder. I push Tobias off of me and walk towards the wall.

He grabs my hair and smashes me up against the wall. I groan in pain as I kick him in the stomach and he falls backwards. I block his punches and kicks.

Uriah and Zeke are currently fighting off the remaining guards and I have to say, there are plenty of them.

I still have the gun in my hand. I can't use it, not on him.