Chapter 2.

3 Days Later // 1pm

Its been 3 days since the attack on Chicago and I haven't gotten through to anyone yet. I have been searching all around the hospital and I can't find any of them.

Today will be different. I can feel it.

The hospital has been very kind to us. Giving us clean water and food. They also assigned a personal carer for Chloe that takes care of her while I'm sorting things out and so I can get back to finding the others. 

Chloe asks about Tris everyday and It breaks my heart to not be able to tell her where she is. When I was in the park and the bombs started going off, everyone went crazy. 

She was lying on the ground. Lifeless. The fog cleared in-front of her then she was gone. Someone either took her, saved her or killed her. It hurts me to know that I could be right about the third one.

The doctor walks in the door and brings in some more medication. I look up at him as I sit on the chair beside the bed. 

"Thanks doc. I have a question, do you think I will be able to go out there and search for them?" I ask him. He sighs and shakes his head.

"No one is aloud out there. They have police and everything out there on patrol. You know there is a policy." He looks at me with apologetic eyes. 

I stand up and look at him once again. "Well you see, I was going with or without anyone's permission. My friends could be out there. My wife could be dying! I at least need to try and find them rather than sitting in here thinking of what could be happening and actually know whats going on."

"And if you don't find them?" He croaks. I look at my feet as tears cloud my vision.

"I will. Dead or alive." I nod at him. I walk behind me and kiss Chloe on the forehead.

She is doing some coloring in with her adviser. She has the mermaid Barbie snuggled in her arms. The last thing Tris gave her.

"Where are you going, Daddy?" She looks at me with sad eyes. She hardly smiles anymore even when I try and make her smile. She will just cry instead and It hurts to see her that way.

"I'm gonna go find Mommy and Auntie Chris." I say to her. Her eyes grow wide as she kicks the sheets of of her and tries to get down from the bed, but my large hands stop her.

"You need to stay here. Daddy needs to go out there by himself. It's too dangerous." I say to her. She shakes her head.

"Daddy! I can hel--" 

"Stay." I say to her with pleading eyes. She wraps her arms around my neck. I hug her back then pull away.

I walk out the door and continue walking.