2.16

• • • • • •

• • • • • •

{Chapter 16: You Like Him}

"So... Brother and Sister now?" Rose questions Riley from the bathroom where she's changing. "Yup"

"And... nothing but really is something?" Rose asked Maya walking out. "Yup"

"I'm done with you all" Rose walks out where the boys are, the girls following. "Whoa. Gentlemen, look how lucky you are. You treat 'em right" The man tells the boys.

"Thanks, Pappy Joe" Rose says smiling at the man, then walks over to Farkle. "I see why you get homesick for Texas sometimes, Lucas. I never knew that the sky had this many stars. You know what else? I don't get nervous when I'm with you anymore. We're doing the right thing. Ah. Remember when we couldn't even say 'hi' to each other? Remember how we'd go, 'hi', "Howdy', "Hi" Remember? Now watch this" Riley starts.

"It's like watching a train wrack" Rose gasps. "I think the train wrack would be better" Axel scoffs.

"Say 'hi' to me" Riley tells Lucas. "Hi"

"Hi, Lucas. What up, brah? What's up with you, man? You good? You cool?" Riley tries. "Hi"

"What? I'm not like that with him right?" Rose asks. "Nope" The four boys say unison.

"Still got some catching up to do" Riley smiles. "Riley, I-I don't even know what's going on right now"

"What's going on is that we're gonna be the best of friends and care about what each of us has to say for the rest of our lives" Riley says slowly, processing it herself. "Yeah, I sort of thought we had that. What does brother and sister mean?"

"It means you know... Poom!" Riley hits Lucas. "Hey!"

"Ping!" She hits him again. "Riley!"

"Ha, you said that just like a brother would" Riley smiles. "Well, can I hit you back?"