2.11

• • • • • •

• • • • • •

{Chapter 11: UNICORNS ARE REAL}

"Nice painting, beautiful" Farkle tells Rose sitting at a desk next to Zay, while she sits at the deck next to him with Lucas. "Thank you" Rose smiles at her purple half open door with a unicorns head sticking out.

"Unicorns aren't real, Roses" Lucas says to the girl making her gasp. "We are not friends anymore, Mr. Friar" She says glaring at the boy

"Our school is running out of money. They're cutting art and music classes, effective after the next school board meeting" They hear their art teacher say. "What? How will Maya learn? What comes after light and shadow?"

"What about you, Riley?" The woman says. "Who cares about me? I stink"

"Yeah. What about Maya?" Rose says standing. "And what about drama? My one-year suspension from not being able to audition for any of the plays ends on Tuesday. I'm gonna be pippin!" Farkle says happily. "They're not putting on pippin" Riley says.

"I'm gonna be pippin in whatever they're doing" Farkle snaps. "Yes you are" Rose giggles rubbing the boys' shoulder.

"Nobody better cut my ballet. Yeah, that's right ballet. That's why I'm so sinewy" Zay says getting looks. "Sinewy?" Lucas says.

"Hey, you spend your time hitting baseballs, I spend my time lifting beautiful girls. Ms. Petrova? Shall we dance?" Zay walks up to Rose with his hand out, getting a raised eyebrow from her. "We shall not" He adds as Farkle and Lucas glare at him.

"She's mine" Farkle wraps his arm around the girls' waist. "Ballet gone. Art, Music, Drama, dance, all of it gone" The woman says walking away.
"I love choir, though" Rose say sadly.

"Maya?" Riley and Rose ask the girl unison. "It's okay, Riles, Roses. Just another door closed" Maya says looking at her painting.

• • •

"The dark ages-" Mr. Matthews starts. "They're cutting art class and you want to talk about the dark ages?" Maya stops the man.

"The dark ages was a time of cultural deterioration" The man says. "What does that have to do with me?"