5 - Piper

I seriously cannot believe I have over 3000 reviews, ugh sorry I meant views (jeez I wish I had over 3000 reviews, but oh well, I'll get there one day (= ) You guys mean the absolute world to me!!! without all my readers I think I would have dumped writing long ago but thanks to all the inspiration comments I receive it fuels my passion and desire to write more, just for you guys. Jeez, now I'm rambling!!! Oh well Enjoy!!!

Sorry about any Typos, errors or any OOCness

5 - Piper

Ok, so being skewered by a sword made out of bone (hopefully not human) wouldn't even make Pipers list of things that could go wrong. Sitting at the very top of her list of things that could have possibly ruined her day (and get them potentially killed) was a prophecy she had they received from Rachel Elizabeth Dare, the host of the spirit of Delphi.  She called it 'the very morbid prophecy'. This was one of the times Piper would have liked to just draw a frowny face next to the title. This was sort of how her day, no everyone's day began to spiral out of complete control.

First off the Argo II had nearly crashed into rocks and would have been damaged beyond repair. Long story short Leo or (or as Piper liked to call him, repair boy) had set the ship on auto pilot and the ship was on a collision course and would have been destroyed if it wasn't for Annabeth's brains. To top things off completely, on those rocks were sirens. Of all things to attack they had to get sirens that could have lured them to their potential death (thank the Gods that wasn't the case).

Annabeth had scared the whole crew. She had tried to kill her boyfriend, it was weird. One moment they were kissing next, she went all zombie like and wanted to kill him (Tartarus had obviously given her collateral damage, it would do that to anyone. That was the nature of Tartarus after all.

And finally, to top things off The whole crew received an unexpected visiter, Rachel Elizabeth Dare. She hadn't dropped into the ship in person but she did send an alarming Iris Message that shook everybody to their core.

The crew was recovering from the zombie episode with Annabeth when they heard a familiar voice that made them jump. "Hello? Is anyone there?" The voice asked. Piper turned around and saw the image of Rachel up in her cave at camp. She was wearing a black shawl and held a dagger in front of her. Her attire certainly did not match her bright red hair and her freckles all over her face. In fact, Piper found it rather comical though.

"I'm here" Piper shouted back over the rush off the violent gusts of wind. "Piper, can you get everyone please, it's very important" asked Rachel. "Sure, just give me a minute" Piper said before heading downstairs to round up the other six aboard the ship.

When everyone was assembled around the iris message Rachel began to speak. "Now listen carefully. What I have to say is very important and could save someone's life, so when I say this please do not panic."

The second Piper heard the word panic, she began to panic. Prophecies always involved something dangerous that got someone hurt and sometimes even killed. Every fiber of her being yelled and screamed telling her to run and hide. Piper could not deny that she was getting sick in the stomach from hearing the news so far. It wasn't just her though, everyone else was probably panicking as well.

Rachel continued to speak, "So last night while I was gazing into the future I saw something truly disturbing, then came this prophecy."

"seven shall set sail and only six shall return to tell the tale

meaning one hero must fail.

heroes enter the giants home

giants curse and reduce one to nothing but bone.

One will then be killed by one they call friend

causing friendship to waver and bend.

Despite their failed attempt

The Earth mother will rise, bringing nothing but death and lament.

The worlds last hour will be bleak

But heroes shall finally achieve what they seek."

"Is that all?" Percy asked bleakly. "No there is more to it" Rachel began to say before she was cut off by Leo. "Well your an oracle after all, so just recite it us. You off all people should be able to do that!" Everyone on the deck shot Leo filthy looks and all Rachel did was shake her head in dismay. "I wish it was that easy, I really do. However, something is blocking my sight" Rachel sighed. "Well, how do you know there's more then?" Leo piped up trying to challenge her. "I just do ok, it's a gut feeling. One that I'm relying on" Rachel said gloomily. "Well, I hope your right, ms Know It All" Leo spat.

That had done it. Annabeth jumped to her friends defense and yelled "Someone get him out of here before I do something I will really regret doing!" she yelled while stomping her foot upon the wooden planks that made up the deck. "I will" Piper said, volunteering to deal with some of Leo's behavioral issues.

Piper grabbed Leo by the wrist and lead him downstairs and into one of the many spacious cabins and shut the door behind to make sure no one heard them. "Leo", Piper began saying before he interjected. "I know what you're going to say Piper! I haven't done anything wrong. I'm just stating the obvious" Leo said working himself into a rant. "Leo, listen I totally agree with you and I'm pretty sure everyone is thinking like this ok but you can't just go around saying stuff like that. It really hurt Annabeth" Piper said as soothingly as she could possibly manage.

"Why should, I care about if I hurt her feelings? All she has been lately is incredibly snappy. One tiny mistake and then she hates my guts!" Leo said.

"No, Annabeth doesn't hate you Leo, no one does. Were like one big family. Sure we get on each other's bad sides occasionally but we couldn't hate you. And you should really cut Annabeth some slack. She has been to hell and back ok, just try to think about that."

"Well Percy also went to hell and back, yet he hasn't changed" Leo said. "He has on the inside. Percy is a hard person to read but trust me when I say this; Tartarus changed him ways you would never imagine possible. I don't know how I know this. The best way to describe it would be like a gut feeling, but trust me I'm sensing a big change in Percy and to be honest I don't think it's for the good" Piper said soothingly, trying to calm down Leo.

"Piper, before you go I want to ask you something" Leo said. "That prophecy, you know what it means don't you?" Hearing Leo ask this scared Piper because deep down she did know what it meant, or at least she thought she did and today wasn't the first time she had heard it. Piper heard it every night, in every dream of hers and she knew it wasn't good. "Leo, you know just as much as I do and I wouldn't get worked up about it. Prophecies have double meanings to them and as hard as it is to do, sometimes you just need to take them with a grain of salt and ignore them" Piper said gently as if she were speaking to a dying animal.

Truth was, Prophecies weren't to be taken with a grain of salt. They were meant to be taken seriously, but the mere fact that she had put Leo's mind at ease calmed her down just a tiny bit. Piper in fact did know more than she was letting on. What she knew was that someone wasn't going to return home after this and the other hero would live a tragic cursed life.

Short, yes. Boring, yes but trust me it was necessary and I promise the next chapter will be action packed, I swear on the styx (did I really just do that? Any way what happens if you swear on the styx and break your promise? I don't know, nor do I want to find out.

I hope your enjoying the story so far. Please feel free to review and any ideas are really appreciated.