1 - Reyna

Ok, first of all I owe all you guys who read my House of Hades cover an apology that's bigger than Gaea herself (please don't swallow me whole please) because I never got to finish it. I promise you all I will finish this cover as I have ample time on my hands. Just last night I finished reading the book and holy Hephaestus (I hope I spelt that right) it was absolutely amazing!!!!!! One more thing I'm going to say before getting to the story is enjoy!!!!

sorry for any typos or errors

1 - Reyna

The past few days had been exceptionally hard, even for Reyna. Her mum was Bellona and the first thing you learn about being a child of the roman war goddess is that weakness is not an option, even if you're on your death bed or fighting for your life in the middle of nowhere surrounded by monsters, whilst transporting the Athena Parthenos, which was the exact situation Reyna was facing.

In front of Reyna were a pack of hellhounds , the size of army tanks, they were massive. They looked like they were Olympic dogs on steroids, they were seriously buff for hellhounds. That was for sure.

Reyna stood there, trying to suppress her fear while staring at the largest one (clearly the leader) and showed no fear. Reyna had heard that dogs could sense fear inside of mortals and if that was true then that would also apply to hellhounds as well. Reyna could see fire burning on the inside of their eyes and suddenly made the mistake of flinching in fear. As soon as she did it she regretted doing so.

Nico and Reyna were now back to back desperately trying to fend off the hellhounds as best as they could before the first hound then leaped through the air, it's canine teeth already soaked in blood from its last victim. The hellhound lunged through the air like as fast as lightning at Nico who was preoccupied, wildly slashing away at one that had tried taking a chunk out of his arm with his stygrigon iron sword.

Reyna had known Nico for a little while now and yes, she did find him weird and creepy but at the same time she couldn't just let Nico sit there and allow the hound to devour him in one whole gulp. She was a daughter of Bellona which gave her power, more than other demi-gods could possibly ask for, but with power there is also responsibility. Reyna knew that from her time serving as a praetor at Camp Jupiter. Reyna also had to time this precisely to prevent herself becoming a demi-god kebab.

At the last minute Reyna pushed Nico to the side and out of arms reach to prevent him getting engulfed and drew her dagger. Instantly Reyna felt more confident, having her trusty Imperial Gold dagger by her side. With one swipe of it, Reyna took out the hellhound that would have eaten her and reduced to nothing but a pile of golden dust that was blown away in the wind. Obviously the wind gods were on their side as well. Reyna then turned to and glared at the other hellhounds and said 'which one of you will be next?' before impaling the nearest beast with her dagger. The hellhounds then began closing in on them and Reyna could see so many things that could go wrong.

Reyna turned to Nico and said 'we need to get out of here, now! can you shadow travel us?' Nico replied, sighing 'I can't, or at least not just yet. I don't have the strength' Nico said. They were truly stuck between a rock and a hard spot now. Reyna desperately began tracking her brains, trying to think of something that could save their half godly buts. 'Nico, can you vanish them?' Reyna asked, grasping at straws. 'I don't know, I've never tried' Nico said uncertain about Reyna's request. 'Nico, you need to try! If you don't were going to die. Our camps will be destroyed and Gaea would have already won. You have to try!' Reyna said glumly. 'Nico, it's now or never!' Reyna cried out. 'I'm on it!' Nico yelled.

The hounds were about 20 meters away now, and Reyna knew that their hopes of surviving were quickly diminishing. Reyna then said a silent prayer to her mother, hoping that she would listen. Mum, please be listening. Please help us. I'm not asking for much, only just a bit of time. Please. Whether or not Bellona listened was an entirely different topic though.

The biggest hellhound then pounced. All of Reyna's hope were gone. There was no hope or any chances of surviving this, none at all. If anything this was the way she wanted to go down. Well  not being devoured by a hellhound but at least she was going down fighting. The shadow of the hellhound was now looming over Reyna, that was it, she would be dead in a few seconds or at least that's what Reyna was expecting to happen though but it didn't. About a centimeter from her face the hellhound dissolved into shadowy particles and a fissure opened in the ground. The shadow particles were absorbed into the earth before the rest of the hellhounds met the same fate.

Reyna turned around and noticed that Nico was sweating and shaking from the amount of energy he had used up. 'You saved me' Reyna bellowed before throwing her arms around Nico before blushing and quickly taking them off of him.

I hope this chapter was enjoyable. Please remember to review. Who should I put as the other narrators? Ok, here is the deal - The first 4 reviewers who comment on a single character to narrate, I will make sure that they do narrate.