19: Discomfort in his Comfort

Start from the beginning

"Wow. Thanks."

"You're not one, Mariku. Don't worry." He leaned back and looked up at the ceiling. "Did I fall asleep?"

"Yes."

"I'm sorry."

Melvin shrugged. "I'm sorry that I had to pry you off of me."

At this, Ryou tilted his head over to look at Melvin again, only this time he stood right beside his bed. Ryou's voice grew quieter. "I cuddled you?"

Before Melvin could say anything, more thunder rumbled overhead and Ryou pulled the blankets up to cover himself.
"Hang on...you fall asleep during horror movies...?" Melvin lifted up a corner and stuck his head underneath the sheets to find Ryou shivering. "And...you're scared of thunderstorms...?"

"I've always found the possibility of being struck by lightning more terrifying than being brutally murdered." Ryou scooted closer to Melvin, hoping he'd understand. "Human beings can be stopped. Lightning bolts are much too fast."

When Ryou was gradually moving closer to him, Melvin raised a brow. "What are you doing...?"

"I know I've wasted enough of your time, and it's a lot to ask, but..." he crawled out from under the blanket and grasped Melvin's hand.
"Will you sleep with me?"

"Ooh, you're blunt. I like that a lot~" Melvin grinned at him. "You want to be on top?"

"What? No! No, that's not what I meant. Not like that." Ryou twiddled is thumbs. "I was asleep, but I think I remember being really warm. And my bed is cold right now.

"And this has nothing to do with the lightning?"

Ryou offered a guilty smile. "Please? Just until I fall asleep. You can leave after that."

Melvin didn't even know what to say to him. He had literally just groped his behind as he carried him to his room, so it shouldn't be too awkward.
"Can I get undressed first?"

Ryou blushed. "...pajamas?"

"No, I fully intend to crawl into your bed completely naked." Melvin rolled his eyes, stood up, and went to the door. "I may be a creep, but I've got standards. Just gimme a sec." He reached for his shirt and pulled it off, then tilted his head to both sides and it made little cracking sounds.

In a stunned silence, Ryou's eyes widened. "...are you planning to beat me up and bathe in my blood?"

Melvin laughed. "Yes. Obviously."

He crawled onto the bed and wedged himself between Ryou and the edge. Inviting himself under the blanket, he joined Ryou in his fortress.

"Hi."

"Oh. Um...hi."

"Could I get a hug?"

Ryou hesitated, but eventually he crawled into his arms and made himself comfy. He rested against his bicep and closed his eyes, pulling him in for a snuggle.
"Like that?"

Now Melvin, he was stunned. He actually did it. Ryou actually hugged him. Melvin had harassed him from time to time, insulted him, and even flirted with him. But now, Ryou actually opened up his arms and pulled him in for a hug.

"Are you okay?" Ryou asked him, his voice weak—evidence he was falling back asleep. "Your heart is racing."

"I don't have a heart."

Ryou simply laughed at that, tracing a finger along one of the veins on his neck. "Then where do your veins lead?"

Ryou's touch was giving him that tingly feeling again. Ryou was playing the game again. Ryou had to be stopped.
"Why, are you writing a book?" He snapped.

"I'm sorry...I didn't mean to upset you." Embarrassed at a little ashamed, Ryou scooted away by a few inches. "I...didn't think of how that might've felt. I'm sorry."

After giving Ryou an angry stare, Melvin just grinned and ruffled his hair. "Calm down. You don't have to freak out."
What the hell??? Why do I keep trying to redeem myself?

Then Ryou hugged him again, then proceeded to shift into a comfy position in which he could fall asleep. "Your chest is really warm." He murmured.
Then he yawned and closed his eyes.

Melvin's grin faded and he just lay there with Ryou curled up in his arms.
Why does Ryou make me want to stay with him like this forever?

It was getting out of hand; Ryou was getting too comfortable around him. He was figuring out exactly what would make Melvin tick.

He needed to remind Ryou that he was not to be trusted. He needed to let him know that he wasn't the only one who could manipulate someone's emotions.

So he waited for a little bit- he waited for Ryou to fall into a deeper sleep, so he wouldn't suspect a thing when Melvin got out of bed.

About fifteen minutes later, he broke free from Ryou's embrace and crept out of bed, trying all he could to keep Ryou sleeping.

First and only order of business: chaos.

Melvin took Ryou's alarm clock and hid it under the nightstand. He kept it plugged in so he could leave it turned on.

Now, he left for the rest of the apartment.