Chapter 40: Secrets Part 1

Lies. God it was absolute torture. How could I keep something like this from the love of my life? It was impossible.

Later that night, Jesse came home drunk. He plopped himself on the bed and rolled over to me. He whispered in my ear sexily.

“Hi babe.” I could smell the alcohol tinged on his breath. I turned to him and kissed him full on, trying to get the imprint of Gonzo’s lips off my own. Jesse groaned and I ran my hands through his hair. I managed to tear his shirt off and he threw his cap off his head. I teasingly kissed his shoulder and traced his tattoos with my fingers. Things began to get heated, but before anything more could happen, our door burst open.

“Shut up!” Beardy yelled. I realised that we had been making a bit of noise, and Beardy wasn’t feeling very sympathetic with me at the moment, even though Gonzo was the one to his me- not the other way around. I climbed off Jesse and cuddled into the crook of his neck. What am I thinking? Sex won’t solve anything. He kissed me.

“That’s got to last me a bit doesn’t it?” He said cheekily. I giggled and held his face in mine, kissing the bridge of his nose.

“Yes, sorry Jess.” He sighed and wrapped his arms around me. Jesus, I felt so guilty. I could not keep this from Jesse. I sighed and tears welled my eyes. I was careful not to cry, but that didn’t stop me not sleeping the whole night.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the morning, I woke up and heard Jesse sloppily trying to keep his stomach down and have a shower. I rolled my eyes and dressed in the closed Gonzo didn’t kiss me in. I wore a simple shirt and shorts, pulled hair into a low ponytail and shoved a hat onto it. I put deodorant on, and a bit of perfume. Then I put on a pair of runners I got from Harries wife, Em, and yelled out to Jesse.

“I’m going for a run Jesse!” I said.

“Yep! I’ll be ready to go house shopping when you get back.” He replied before having to wretch his guts out again. I took a breath and left our room. Mouse was eating breakfast in the kitchen, it looked like a mix of porridge and I have no idea what.

“Morning.” I said. Mouse grinned. Maybe Beardy didn’t tell him anything about last night.

“Morning Shorty! Where you going?” He asked. I smiled back as happily as I could.

“Run. Might drop by the tower and see how the suckers are doing.” I replied, grabbing a cracker.

“Alright, have fun.” Mouse replied. He turned his attention back to his breakfast and I ran out the door as fast as I could. I ran down the road and followed the path that lead to Bondi. Running always helped me clear my head, and I was glad for it too. Dad was out of hospital and doing well at Grans house. I was going to go and visit him later today after house shopping. Gonzo. Well that was another matter. Should I tell Jesse? Should I lie and not tell him? What if Gonzo tells somebody? What if Beardy tells someone? I have no idea what to do at all!

I ran alongside other runners, and approached the tower. I debated whether or not to go in, and decided to, just because. I think I needed to talk to Deano about it. He was always understanding and knew what to do. I knew he might be angry at first, but if I straighten things out or something- oh heck with it. Who am I kidding? I bring nothing but drama to this service. I knocked on the tower door. Yatesy opened it.

“Em!” He said. He pulled me into a hug and then we walked in. I prayed to all of the God’s that I knew of that Gonzo would not be in the tower. Please, please, please. I walked around the medical bed and up into the observation section. Deano and Matt Dee sat there, talking and watching the water. Phew.

“Hey boys!” I chirped. They turned around and both crushed me in a massive hug. “Can’t breathe…” I gasped. They let go of me and I sat down. I told them all about the fire. I told them all about the smell, my feelings the horror that I had just lost all my things.

“Em, can I talk to you?” Deano asked. I nodded and followed him out of the tower. Deano leant on the railing and sighed.

“What’s wrong Deano?” I asked, concerned.

“There’s nothing wrong with me. What’s wrong with you?” He said. He faced me and I looked into his clear blue eyes.

“Well, my home just got set on fire…” I stuttered nervously.

“No. Not that. Mouse said you were doing fine and back to your normal self. Something has happened in the last 24 hours that is worrying you.” He said. I gulped.

“Uh, um, nothing has happened.” Deano rolled his eyes.

“Well, then explain why you went for a run.” He snapped. I looked at him, a bit taken back. Deano never talks to me like this. Unless…

“I felt like getting fit after a week off work.” I snapped back. He sighed.

“You told me last week you only go for runs when you’re stressed. Ever.” He said quietly. “What happened last night Emilee?” I sighed.

“Did Gonz tell you?” I asked in a barely audible tone.

“Yes.” I was about to protest, but Deano cut me off. “You have to tell him Nals. He’ll be heartbroken, but it’s better than living a lie. Ask your father about that.” I began to shake.

“Thanks.” I whispered. I ran off without saying goodbye. I ran back home, I wanted- no correction- I needed to be sick. My worst fears had been confirmed. Gonzo spilt. I grabbed my phone and dialled his number.

“Hello?” Troy sounded as if he just woke up. Good.

“What the hell?” I yelled into the phone. “You kiss me and tell me not to tell Jesse, but then YOU go and blab to Deano?!”

“Nals, can I call you back? I just woke up.” He asked. I growled.

“Don’t even think about it.”

“Sorry. Look, come by later. I’ll set thing right.” I growled at him again.

“Sorry, but Gonz, I never want to talk to you again.” Then I hung up. So much for getting the message through. I ran back to my house and collapsed onto the couch.

“Hard run?” Jesse asked. I smiled and kissed him.

“Yep.” I said. He grinned and kissed me. I climbed onto him and wrapped my arms around his head and felt his abs.

Lies, Gonzo, cheating. My mind screamed at me.

YOU HAVE TO TELL HIM! TELL HIM! Deano’s voice echoed in my mind. I pulled away from Jesse. He smiled.

“Go and get ready.” He said, pushing me off the couch. I smiled and as soon as I walked into our room, my smile faltered. I sighed and pulled on a skater skirt and nice top. I wore vans and kept my hat on. Jesse smiled when I came out and kissed me.

“Shall we babe?” I took his hand and we left the house to go and get into the car. I strapped myself in and Jesse began to drive us to Maroubra. There were some houses there that looked cheap and nice enough for us to either rent or buy. We stopped at a red light. My guilt-o-metre was flashing overtime, and I needed to tell Jesse. I couldn’t keep it a secret from him anymore.

“Babe you ok?” Jesse asked as I began to shake.

“No Jesse, I am not.”  I replied.

“Well, I can turn around and reschedule the viewings if you need me to-“He said.

“No. I need to tell you something. And I don’t think that you will want to reschedule them after I tell you.” I said quietly. Jesse pulled over and grasped my hand.

“Tell me Em. I won’t get mad.” Lies. I knew he would.

“You will get mad Jess. I know you will.” I took a deep breath in and let my voice begin to tell the story.

Hey girrllllls (and guys if there is any :)) HOPE YA'LL LOVE IT! DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE OR I MIGHT GET RID OF THE FANFIC........ 

HAHAHAHAHAAHHA JUST KIDDING :)