Chapter 13: Cora Visits & I Sing

It was a week after the welcome party and I knew that most of the guys still had killer hangovers. Jesses had gone, which I was happy about because he would be able to sleep with me again. we had made a habit of it, and I knew that dad was suspicious of our friendship, but I am an adult and I can do what I want. I was sitting in the tower with Terry, Gonzo and Mouse when there was a knock on the tower door. it was pretty quiet today, mainly because Mouse was here and it was raining so we were surprised to get interrupted from or game of UNO. Terry got up and opened the door. mouse, gonzo and I shrugged and flicked through Terry's pile of cards, looking for some of the colour cards that get you a win. we heard terry yell happily and we heard a woman talking. He came back up an we acted like nothing had happened.

"Guys, you remember Cora?" All the guys nodded and got up to greet her.

"Hey, Nals, can you radio in Hopkins and Harries." I nodded and did as Mouse told me.

"Hey guys, there's a girl Cora here." I heard crackling and then some cheering.

"We'll be right there!" I heard Harries yell. I rolled my eyes and put the radio down and went to meet Cora. all the guys were crowding around her asking for songs.

"Ok, Terry, you want to introduce me mate?" He nodded and Cora hugged me and handed an iPod.

"Thankyou?" I told Cora confused. Mouse took the iPod from my hands and put it on our docking station. music blasted through and the boys started to dance. I sat and listened to the song.

"Hello, a new recruit!
It's nice to meet you Emilee!
You're Kerrbox's daughter and your super pretty.
Ohhhhhhhh Nala Nala!
HeYy! hey! hey!
Ohhhhhhh Emileeeee!!" the song ended and I sat there, pleased that this fan of bondi rescue had made a song about me! I thanked Cora and she left happily, with a hug from all the boys. I remembered her from season 7 of the show when she made those songs for Hoppo and Deano and stuff. she's lovely.

Later at about 5:30 when we were all packing up, maxi and Jesse conga lined in singing.

"Oohhhhhhh Nala Nala!" they yelled in their horrible and unattractive singing voices. I laughed and joined in and we all conga lined around Bondi singing my song.

"Ohhhhhh Nala Nala!" we ran around and back to the tower, where we found Dad absolutely screaming for help. I ran over to him, worried it was a rat.

"Dad! What's wrong!?" I asked. he fell into my arms unconscious, and I yelled.

"HELP!" I lay dad on the ground and tried to wake him as the others came running.

"Honey?" I heard dad whisper.

"Yeh, it's me." he grunted and doubled over in pain.

"Sing baby girl." I gulped the others were running around looking for phones and defibs to save dad. Deano, Matt, whippet and Yatesy were there, and they looked at me expectantly.

"Please Emilee, for your dying dad!" I groaned and took a deep breath in.

"Daddy, daddy, why do you love me? after all I've done....." I sang a little song that dad and mum had taught me when I was little. I tried to stop the tears flowing, but they came anyway. I finished the song and dads eyes closed. I looked around and saw all of the 8 lifeguards in duty today doubling over in laughter. I looked at dad and he winked before getting up and running away yelling GO! RUN AWAY! SHE'S A FORCE! very civilised, I stood up and clenched my fists.

"Whose idea was this?" I asked through clenched teeth. Maxi carefully lifted up his phone and began playing the video of me singing. I saw the upload button. I ran for him and he clicked the button. everything stopped.

"MAXI!" I yelled. he ran for it. I chased him down the boulevard and out into the streets until I tired and decided to just let him run.