Chapter 58

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OM FREAKING G!!

Yes, two chapters in one very late night... very dramatic!!! BUT HOLY FREAKING CHEESES!!!!! Y'ALL AINT GONNA SEE THIS COMIN' ILL TELL YA THAT!!!!

WHOOOOOOOAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH, BABY, SO DANG CLOSE TO THE END!!!!!!

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!!!

~KC Blares

*I'M SPAZZIN' OUT, MAN!!!!*

****************************************************************************************

Chapter 58

Kale's P.O.V.

Helena’s scream echoed through the corridor, making me drop the Scientist in my grip. Moretta and Lynx had heard it but barely hesitated crushing Scientists for a second, instead, nodding to me to go find her.

I sprinted down the corridor, my feet pounding against the tile floor as my heart raced in my chest. All I had to do was follow the trail of dead Scientists until I came to a hallway that looked as though it had suffered a fire, the walls and ceilings burnt to a crisping black. I looked down and to my horror, noticed drag marks in the melted tile.

Then there was heavy breathing in my ear and the sound of metal scraping against metal and I was brutally shoved forward, my face meeting the floor in an instant. A snarl came from behind me and I quickly rolled forward, getting back onto my feet and having my shield spread across my body.

In front of me stood, who I could only guess was Slash. His arms were by his sides, claws flicked out, and his earthy brown wings were ruffled like Kanine’s did when she was in a fight. His teeth were bared, two sets of canines gleaming under the light of the harsh florescent light. My eyes quickly wandered to the bracelet on his wrist and I slowly reached for the gun in my pocket.

With a feral growl, Slash leaped for me, claws aimed for my neck. Quickly, I ducked beneath him, swinging my fist up into his stomach. He flew forward, using the wall to kick off of and fly back at me, his eyes blazing with a furious flare of embers.

His flesh came in contact with my metallic skin as he tried digging his claws into my shoulders, but he didn’t jump back in pain as if the heat I emanated didn’t affect him. Caught in a moment of shock, Slash was able to swing his foot around into the side of my head with enough force to send me crashing into the wall. Now I was done with the guy.

I pulled the gun out of my pocket, gripping it firmly in my hand, but before I could spin around and fry the bracelet, Slash grabbed me by the neck and somehow got in front of me and pushed me to the ground, his hands tight around my neck with a look of murder in his eyes. The gun flew from my grip and slid across the hall, now lying about six feet away from me.

I swore under my breath as I kicked my feet up into Slash’s chest, sending him crashing into the ceiling. I hastily got to my feet and scrambled for the gun, but before I could grab it, Slash tackled me and we both tumbled past it.

He hissed at me as he tried to sink his teeth through my armor and into my shoulder, but failed and I was able swing my arm across his face, sending him sprawled across the floor.

I reached for the gun and just as fast, spun around and tackled Slash to the ground, placing my knees firmly on his shoulders, pinning him down. He squirmed and hissed under me, baring his fangs, the fire in his eyes burning brighter.

            “Hold still!” I growled through clenched teeth as I pressed the gun to the bracelet, pulling the trigger. The bracelet smoked and buzzed as it shorted out, releasing Slash’s wrist and falling dead to the floor.

Slash’s eyes grew wide, the flames in his irises fading to a vibrant toxic green color. His bottom set of canines sunk back to normal sized canines but his top paired remained just a bit abnormally and wolfishly long. He blinked a few times before looking up at me with a confused expression.

            “Who the hell are you?” he snapped. I rolled my eyes, getting to my feet and helping him up, though his eyes never left mine.

            “Where’s Helena?” I demanded, keeping a cold glare. His face remained blank as he continued staring at me as if I had just asked the most stupid question.

            “Where’s Kanine?” I asked, hoping he’d at least understand that question. Where ever Kanine was, Helena was sure to be with her.

Slash’s eyes grew wide with a terrible fear that put my nerves on edge, my hand gripping tighter around the gun until the metal grip bent to shape the inside of my fist.

            “Slash. Where’s. Kanine?” I repeated, my teeth clenched so tightly I swear they were going to break.

            “The Operation Room,” Slash whispered. “They’re in the Operation Room,”

My eyes grew wide as I stared at him in disbelief. Oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck! I grabbed the knife from my pocket, gripping it tightly in my hand.

            “Where’s the Operation Room, Slash?” I yelled with a frustration. He pointed down the corridor and I sped off toward it, Slash in pursuit right behind me.

“Oh, Helena, please be alright” I silently prayed to myself, hoping that we could get there just in time before something really bad happened.