Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Slash’s P.O.V.

I woke up in my new cell; my arms not chained this time and no muzzle over my mouth. I slowly got up from the floor, slipping back onto my butt. I looked around; a pool of blood had gathered on the floor. My uniform was stained with it and it was all over my hands and I could taste it in my mouth, a lot of it. Slowly, I tried standing again, taking a stepping away from the pool.

I looked over myself; I had no cuts or injuries, nothing that would explain where this blood came from. What had happened?

I thought hard; I remember seeing Kanine, or a hallucination. After, I remember the Scientist; he came in and fiddled with my bracelet. That’s when reality faded from my grip. I couldn’t remember anything after that.

I looked down at the bracelet; the wires looked more elite than before, they ran in loops and braids, designed to look complicated. My canines grew out and I began biting at the bracelet, but nothing happened. It was like the thing was part of me, like it was growing from my flesh.

Suddenly, the bracelet released a painful shock into my body, coursing through my veins and into my head. Glaring at it, I morphed, the bracelet changing to fit my large wolf wrist. With a mouthful of carnivorous teeth, I bit down on the bracelet again, the pain returned to my body. I whimpered but bit down harder; the pain increasing until I couldn’t take it anymore.

I morphed back, looking at the bracelet. There was no damage to the bracelet; no bite marks, no scratches, no broken wires, nothing. But my wrist on both sides of the device was severely bruised and dripping blood.

I glanced around the room, looking for something to use to get it off. I walked over to the bed, tearing off a bar from the metal headboard. I rested my wrist on the floor and raised the bar over my head, bringing it down hard on the bracelet. Once again, no damage to the device but the pain shot through my body again.

            “Freakin’ bastards.” I growled, glaring up at the Scientists that stood, watching, on the other side of the glass.