Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Slash’s P.O.V.

I heard shoes hitting the floor and whispers amongst others in the Lab. I kept my eyes closed, pretending to still be unconscious.

“It killed two of our staff; we need to terminate it before it wakes up.” Someone whispered.

“This is a success, you can’t get anywhere in life without a few complications. We have learned that this experiment feels sorrow and loss; a weakness. How do you expect it to destroy an entire species if it has a conscience. It should have no emotion, no capability to bond. Because of this traumatic loss we have learned there are visible kinks that we can now work out.” Someone else whispered in response.

What did he mean we were created to destroy a species? What species could the Scienetist possibly want to wipe off the face of the planet? Reptiles? Apes? Amphibians? Humanity... The anger rose in me again, causing my head to spin.

“What about the twin? Were we able to revive it?”

“No. It lost too much blood. Our staff reacted too late.” My heart was in pain, ripped and torn to shreds. Nothing but dust remained. These children of the Devil took away the only thing that mattered in my life, the only thing that kept me fighting to live. What was the point of trying anymore without Kanine? I could feel tears coming to my eyes and sliding down my cheeks.

“It’s waking up. Someone take it back to its cell before it gets aggressive.” I was unlatched and lifted over something’s shoulder. I kept my eyes closed, my tears slipping through them. I was thrown into my cell, hitting the back wall like usual and falling to the ground.

I didn’t even try getting up, I didn’t care. Her blood was still on my hands. I lied there, crying into them, hiding myself in my wings and eventually crying myself to sleep, her last words echoing in my mind.

See you on the outside… That smile on her faded face as the light left her eyes. What could she have possibly meant? I’ll never know.