Chapter 35

Scientist's (Eric) POV

My hands shook as I stared down at the experiment. Its eyes contained a flame, an ember. The gurney still burned through the gloves but I wasn't in the position to complain. I already have had one too many smacks upside the head with Marcus's cane.

But, I couldn't get the picture of the creature calling its partner by its name out of my head. What still haunted me was how the experiment somehow became unwrapped from the blanket. I know it didn't land in the rocks and Liam knows it didn't either.

"Nathan, I need to tell you something." I mumbled. I know if I told Marcus I'd be chop meat for the next carnivorous experiment but I needed to tell someone.

"I know," he said, his voice stern and his glare serious.

"What?" I asked. How could he know? It was just Liam and I out there.

"We have reason to believe it may have found a pack of other escapees that have found shelter in San Fransisco. There was a death in the city about a week ago; a man was drained of blood. The cops were shocked, had no clue what to do and there was no evidence. Its a cold case now." he said, his voice not faltering in any way. He was serious.

"She killed someone?"

"It, Eric, it! You should know this by now. But yes, it did kill someone but the body proves the killer showed remorse. He was posed in a comfortable position. Lying straight, hands across his chest, eyes closed. Casket position."

"And the escapees?"

"In the past, the Pompeii Facility and the Bermuda Facilty have had meltdowns, mishaps. Experiments have escaped and completely disappeared off the map. They learned how to remove the bracelets. They're smart, smarter than they should have been created. But now, now they have counter part one of Project Blood Moon. With it, who knows what they could do." Nathan said, staring down at the half unconscious creature.

"We're sending reinforcements to the city to take care of the job." he stated, sparing me a glance. I looked down at the experiment as we rolled out of the elevator and into the frigid room. The beast laid still, its wide, fiery eyes staring up at nothing.

"When will they be heading out?" I asked, feeling just a small pang of worry for the experiments.

"They've training and preparing since yesterday morning when the news reached us. They're heading out tomorrow morning at the crack of dawn." We pushed the gurney into the cell and cautiously took PBM from the gurney and placed it on the frozen floor.

It was awake, but it looked too disoriented or too tired to fight. Its body was still so hot that it burned away a layer of our gloves, making me wince as the heat lightly blistered my hands. As soon as it rested on the floor, ice already began melting away.

I wasn't going to be waiting around for the experiment to wake up and realize what was going on so I grabbed the gurney and hurried out.

"I'll keep an eye on it. You look like you're about ready to jump out of your own skin. Go have a drink or a breather. I won't tell Dr. Basket Case," Nathan said, using the name we sometimes call Marcus, as he patted my shoulder, sitting down in front of the window. I nodded, heading off towards the elevator. I needed to lie down, too much information, too much drama. This was not good, this was not good at all.

******************************************************************************************************************

Please comment and Vote!!!

Anyone wanna guess whats gonna happen next??? Let me just say, you wont see it coming!

TEAM SLASH  OR TEAM KALE!?!?!?!?

~KC Blares