Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Slash's P.O.V.

Only hours later I found myself back on the metal gurney in the Lab, the same group of Scientist running around. I just lay there quietly, trying to keep my eyes open. I didn't want them doing anything to me while I was asleep, something I wouldn't know they have done until it was too late.

My head lightly lolled to the side; the white, floresent lights were blinding. It seemed they were getting brighter and brighter each time I came in here. I was just waiting for them to explode!

"Eric, go retrieve Experiment Seekers, counterpart three." Marcus asked, jotting things down on a clipboard. I noticed Eric hesitate for a moment, his eyes widening just slightly. He opened his mouth as if he was about to say something, protest, but quickly closed it again, striding out of the room in quick paces.

"Sarah, do you have two syringes ready?" Marcus glanced sternly up from his clipboard towards the women with the tight, brunette bun that held back her hair away from her face. She glanced back at him, nodding. I don't know if it was just me, or the blaring lights in the room, but it looked as if she was trying to mask concern or sympathy.

The doors flew open and Eric was back, holding a small experiment over his shoulder. More carefully than they had ever with me or Kanine, they placed the small being on the gurney beside mine, strapping its tiny wrist and ankles to the table.

The experiment's face was facing the other way, not allowing me to get a clear view of its identity, but its dark colored skin and curly, black hair seemed too familiar.

The being let out a quiet, soft grunt and shifted on the table, slowly coming to. The chains clinked a bit as it lightly struggled against the restraints. Its head turned towards me and slowly did I realize who it was. Her little red eyes fluttered open and she glanced around the room, the realization of where she was sinking in.

"S-Slash?" she squeaked, her eyes wide with sudden fear.

"Hey, Scarla,"