Chapter 5

Kanine's POV

The Scientist pushed me into a large arena-like room with steel walls and a high ceiling. In the high left part of the room, was a window with Scientists on the other side; no doubt taking notes of my every movement. They shoved me into the center of the room before scurrying back out and locking the door. What test could they possibly be throwing at me now?

That’s when a door on the opposite side of the arena slowly slid open. A boy, no older than me, was shoved out into the arena. He had short brown hair that shadowed part of his face. He towered over me about three inches and if I was the average girl, could probably beat me down in seconds. Instead of the normal white uniform most experiments get, he wore a regular black t-shirt and tight black pants. What stood out most were his eyes; his bright, blood red eyes.

He noticed me there and smirked, showing two abnormally large canines. They're craeting Vampires now? What's next, werewolves?

We started walking clock wise in a stare off, daring the other one to attack first. He rolled his short sleeves all the way up to his shoulders, showing off his large muscles. His eyes were locked on me as he blew me a small kiss. I replied with a mockingly disgusted reaction.

“What’s the matter, Darling? Can’t handle any of this?” he smirked, flexing his arms.

“No, that face of yours I can’t handle. It’s making me nauseous.” I remarked, matching his attitude.

I didn’t have time to morph before he came charging towards me, fists clenched. I jumped up when he was a few inches away and kicked down on his back, causing him to fall forward and face first into the dirt.

I couldn’t help but smile as he got back up; the smirk wiped off his face and replaced with annoyance. He charged at me again, his eyes glowing fiercely red. Before I knew it, I took a blow to the jaw. It wasn’t possible; I didn’t even see him coming. I stumbled backwards, a blow like that to an average human would’ve popped their jaw right out.

I noticed the boy grin as I spit some blood from my mouth, wiping away the little that dripped off my chin.

One minute the guy’s on the opposite side of the room, next he’s two inches away; much faster than I can run, even with cheetah DNA. He towered over me, a smile growing on his face as his eyes met mine. I reached my arm back to punch him but he grabbed hold of my wrist and quicker than I could blink, I was shoved up against the cold, metallic wall, his arm holding mine above my head, my feet dangling above the ground.

“Nice try, darlin’, but you gotta be quicker than that.” He hissed in my ear, an eerie grin on his dark face. He put both hands on my arm and threw me across the room, my back nearly cracking against the wall.

Lying on the ground, cringing, I morphed into my large, intimidating wolf form. I stood up, turning to face the shocked boy. He stood, frozen, like a big black target as I pounced on him, my claws just barely digging into his cold flesh. His eyes were huge when I snarled in his face, his body quivering beneath my weight.

I swung my clawed paw up, about to scratch his face to ribbons when a pain shot through my body. I fell of the boy, having no control of my limbs. My body was paralyzed and as I looked over at the experimental boy, I noticed he was paralyzed too, a dart sticking out of his shoulder.

The Trainer, Hunter, approached with the dart gun in his hand and a sly, evil little grin on his smug face. Two tall experiments walked up behind them; curled, devil-like horns sat on top of their red, wart invested faces with deep, endless black eyes.

One of them grabbed my ankle and dragged me back through the door as the other dragged the vampire kid back through his door. I couldn’t feel my body but I could feel the creature’s painful grip and every crag, bump, or crack I glided along, tearing my skin.

The experiment tossed me into my cell, throwing me against the back wall. My body was so full of the paralyzing drug, I couldn’t even whimper. I heard feet running towards me, a shadow casted on the floor next to me. Slash leaned over my crumpled body, stroking the bloody fur around my neck. He quickly noticed the dart sticking out of my hip, pulling it out, he snapped it in half.

“Sons of …” his voice trailed. He lied down next to me, placing his head on my shoulder. He gently stroked the fur around my muzzle, trying to get the dried blood out.