A Clean Break (Chapter 1)

A/N: i won't make a long AN as I did in the prologue, but I just wanted to say that you guys should review, and if you guys like it, I'll post sooner. Once again, this chapter couldn't be here without my awesome beta silentscream4luv

"Since I Don't Have You"- Guns N' Roses

x-x-x

Chapter One: Since I Don't Have You

Juliana

"Juliana," came a knock at my door "you'll never guess what I just did" Stuart said from the other side of the door.

"I'm coming" I said, getting up from my spot from the couch. As I opened the door, I couldn't help but admire Stuart. Standing at 6'2", with his gorgeous blue eyes and luscious brown hair that I so deeply wanted to run my finders through. "Now what's so important that you need to tell me?," I said as I let Stuart in and sank back on my spot on the couch. Stuart followed suit and turned his body to me, having my attention as he did so. "So what's up Stu?"

"Take a wild guess Jewls" he said looking as he was going to explode of excitement any moment.

"Let me guess," I said as I tried to hold back the laughter that was ready to leak. " You finally came out of the closet?" I teased Stuart.

"Juliana! You know for a fact that I am not gay! Plus I am dating Katlyn," don't remind me "Ohh Juliana, I finally did it. I asked Katlyn to marry me, and she said yes! I'm so happy Julie, this has to be the best day of my life." Stuart said as he kept rambling on about Katlyn. It felt as if someone had knocked the air of my lungs completely. I was in love with my best friend, and he was getting married to someone else. He couldn't even recognize my feelings towards him, I just wanted to curl up in a ball and wallow in self pity.

I didn't have the strength to tell him how I felt, scared that my confession would ruin the 12 years of our friendship. I loved him so much that I kept quiet for the sake of his happiness, and the sake of my heart, and the pain it would go through if I had ever came out with the truth and if he rejected me. Stuart didn't see me more that a friend, and that's what I would stay. He didn't see me in that way, for all I know he just thought of me as a sister. So I did what any best friend would do if put in the situation as this one, I put on my best fake smile and congratulated him, what else could I do? Profess my love to a guy that merely sees me as a friend and nothing more?

"So when's the wedding?"

-x-x-x-

A/N 2:

Characters:

Juliana: http://gossip.whyfame.com/files/2009/10/kourtney_kardashian.jpeg

Stuart: http://bestuff.com/images/images_of_stuff/210x600/nick-zano-78880.jpg

Katlyn: http://static.thehollywoodgossip.com/images/gallery/kristin-cavallari-short-hair.jpg