A Clean Break (Chapter 5)

A/N: Sorry for the delay, but updates will come faster, I hope. I got two other chapters done, so I'm on a roll.

Change your settings to 1/2 it makes a total difference.

"Superman Tonight"- Bon Jovi

-x-x-x-

Chapter Five: Superman Tonight

Stuart stood shocked as the realization of what Katlyn has just said seep through his mind. To be shocked would be the understatement of the year. Stuart couldn't believe his ears, Katyln; his "devoted fiancé" had actually called off the wedding.

"You can't be serious? C'mon Katlyn, you taking this way out of proportion, to call the wedding off, that's absurd." Stuart uttered

"No, I'm serious alright, I'm sick and tired of this Stuart, I love you but I really don't know right now. I think you should leave, and maybe we can talk about this tomorrow."

-x-x-x-

Across town, Juliana was a blubbering mess; all she could do was sulk in her room thinking about this whole situation she was in. For starters, she was in love with her best friend, who didn't reciprocate those said feelings back. She was basically alone in the world according to her mind, she only saw Stuart as the only man in her life. Maybe the move to San Diego would do her good and she could just forget about Stuart once and for all. She didn't know how to take this ache she had deep down in her chest, nothing helped. She felt a thirst needed to be quenched, so she walked to the kitchen to see what she could find, her eyed landed on a bottle of whiskey that she remembered her friends brought over for their monthly get together. She knew she shouldn't of reached for the bottle, and especially downed it like a mad man, but she couldn't help it, "anything that will reduce this heartbreak" she whispered, "one drink won't cause me no harm". That one drink tuned to two, three, and four, until there not a single drip left in the bottle; slowly but surely, Juliana fell into oblivion. It was better than the ache.

-x-x-x-

The moans and grunts coming out of Katlyn's apartment were apparent if you lived in her complex, what the neighbors weren't aware of was the fact that that they weren't coming from Katlyn and Stuart, but from Katlyn and her lover. What Stuart was oblivious to as he laid in his bed, thinking of his horrendous day was that his "oh so devoted Fiancé" was having an affair with his roommate, and close guy friend.