It Started With A Punch

"Give me back my doll Max!" I shouted from the top of my lungs.

I was playing at the park outside of school, alone by the sand box. The only one (or thing, I should say) that kept me company is my favorite doll, Macy. My grandma gave it to me before she died, mainly because I didn't have anyone to play with. 

Alhough I have an older brother named Nick, who's only a year older than me, he's still a 'he' and playing with cars and action figures is not really my idea of fun.

Which brings us back to me, struggling to get my doll from the huge ugly monster we call Max.

 He's a fat blonde who happens to have decided that his dream is to be a ballerina... and make people's lives miserable. 

By "people", I mean me. 

Nick was sick so he had to stay home, which is why Max decided to make my life miserable today.

I was already on my tiptoes struggling to get my doll, but the ugly fellow had my doll over his head.

"No can do, cry baby" he said, chuckling, like the demon he is. I went flat on my toes, narrowing my eyes at him. Next thing I know, I hit him continuously in his chest, but it seems to have no effect on him, since he is after all fat, and all the extra flabs in his body is like an armor or something. He just laughed and laughed and laughed.

"Ryan, catch!" he said, tossing the doll over to his friend on his right, Ryan. Ryan has a black hair (considering he's half Japanese) and unlike Max, Ryan is thin. Not 'stick thin' though, but yeah, thin. He caught the doll and had me running over to him. He was shorter than Max for a bit, but he was still taller than me, and had me on my tiptoes again, trying to grab the doll. He just laughed at me!

"Jace! Heads up" he said, throwing the doll to the other side. I looked back and saw Jace holding my doll. He stared at the doll for a second then lifted his head up and looked at me.

Now, unlike these two buffoons here, Jace Morgan was definitely different from his two friends. 

He has brown hair, hazelnut eyes and he was a nice boy (nicer than his two friends, at least). And truth be told, I had a little crush on him. He always smiled at me even when Max and Ryan would start telling me mean words. More likely an apologetic smile. Probably saying something like 'I'm sorry about my two idiots making your life miserable'.

I ran over to him, my guards down, since I know he wouldn't hurt me.

"Jace, can I have my doll back, please?" I asked with pleading eyes, trying to hold back the tears I had formed in my eyes. 

Jace opened his mouth open, but nothing came out of his mouth. He looked at me, then at the doll, then at his two idiots, I mean, friends, who were waving their hands and saying 'throw it over to me'. He looked back at me again, then at the doll. He gulped and decided to throw the doll over to Max. My eyes followed the flying doll up in the air, and Max being the complete idiot, had the doll hit his face.

It would've been laugh-worthy, were it not  for the fact that he failed to catch my doll, making it land on the puddle in front of him.

"MACY!!!!" I shouted, watching the doll drench in mud. I looked back at Jace with narrowed teary eyes. He had a shocked look on his face, his eyes wide open. He took a quick glance at me before I started running over to my doll.

"Awww, is wittle Gabby wobby cwying over some puny doll?" Max said, still rubbing his nose. I was so busy crying over my doll, not one of Max's words even hit my mind.

"Come on" Ryan said as they started walking out of the park. I wiped my tears and turned back to see them walking away. Jace glanced back at me as he continued walking.

I wiped the last stray of tears off my face. My eyes narrowed. I shall avenge you Macy! And made this day official.

I hate you Max Hale.

I hate you Ryan Johnson.

And I most ESPECIALLY hate you Jace Morgan.