Chapter Forty One: I didn't do anything

Depuis le début

I continue to tell them all that happened with Rem each time bringing up the parts that made me want to partly break down.

"He took me back to mums death. It was him. It had always been him. I don't quite understand it. He killed mum in the past because of me in the future. I'm to blame for her death...no one else," I whisper the last few worlds finally breaking down letting the tears fall. Sky and Rani wrap there arms around me.

"Luke its not your fault. You can't blame yourself for what Rem did," says Rani.

"I bet mum told you that too. You spoke to her?" asks Sky

"I did," I manage to say. "Yeah she did tell me but I still can't help but feel this is all my fault. It was good seeing her again Sky. It felt like I could of held onto for forever. I didn't realise how much I had missed her till I saw her. Its been so busy and so crazy and I always think of her but this just felt so real and natural. Shes not coming back and I know that but I feel horrible. Inside and out. My throat is burning, my eyes are stinging. I don't feel like myself anymore," I tell them the truth.

"Luke," whispers Clyde.

"Mum would of stopped him if she could of. That is why I knew I still had to stop him. Whether that meant I got myself killed or not. We can't stop. We can't stop protecting earth. No matter how dangerous. I can't live knowing we could do something," I finally say.

All three of them nod, "We agree."

"I don't know if I chose this life or it chose me but this is what I know for sure I should be doing. I know mums proud and she died protecting me. She died protecting me, protecting Earth. I love her so much," I whisper.

"We do too. She died a true hero, Luke. We have to remember that from now on," says Rani.

"She died being our amazing mum," smiles Sky.

"Yeah she did. As long as I am still breathing. As long as we are still breathing Sky the Smith's will continue! No one is getting rid of us all," I smile as I take Sky's hand.

"Never," Sky beams.

"You going to be okey?" Clyde asks.

"I think so. I'm glad everything is caught up and makes sense a bit more now," I say.

"Us too. Its been hard," says Rani.

"Yeah it has."

"What happened after you left us?" Clyde asks.

"We made a deal with Rem's race. They are restricted to come to Earth. The Judoon have put out a high alert on them and Paul did his threatening thing. With out Rem I think they wouldn't even risk trying. I think we are all safe and all the kids and the adults are back on Earth safe and sound too. We did that, got that sorted and then came straight back here. I'm exhausted," I suddenly whisper my eyes closing and I feel myself fall straight off to sleep next to Rani and Sky knowing I am safe.

Paul's POV

I stand at the attic door peaking in to find Luke sitting on the sofa next to Kevin his head against Kevin's shoulder. Kevin's arm wrapped around him. Luke is crying.

After all that has happened Luke's not been himself. He has been really brave and been trying to handle it all but it has really destroyed him slightly from the inside.

He is a nearly four year old boy who misses him mum when you look at it like that and he has had to grow up very quickly. No wonder the Doctor didn't want to leave him on his own. He does seem to find trouble at every corner. No one seems to give him a break and he runs right into trouble knowing its the right thing to do. Even if at the time its not the right thing for him.