Ch 3 ➤ X Factor Audition !!

I took the microphone and nervously stepped out on the stage. The crowd cheered as I Slowly stood on the X and stared at the faces of Selena , Simon , Demi and Taylor - the X Factor Judges. I couldn't believe how many people were there. I wasn't too worried about Selena - she usually said yes to most people just to annoy Simon and Demi, I was worried about Simon and I was terrified of Demi finding out who I am on stage , I wanted her to find after. Simon always said no, a yes from him was rare but I had to try.

I saw the camera men, pointing the camera in my direction, the microphone above me and the giant sign saying 'The X Factor!' I'll admit it - I was scared, but when was I not? This was the one thing I wanted to do. As I stared around at things I had only ever seen on TV before, I was hit with nerves.

"Hello," I said, my voice shaking slightly, but it was what happened all the time when I talked to anyone. It was only when I sang I felt at home, that I felt happy, like I was safe and would never be sad again. They stared at me, calculating almost as if they were wondering how I would sing and whether I was worth their time. Probably not, if I were truthful.

"Hello darling, what's your name and how old are you?" said Simon in his posh British accent.

Is this really happening, Am I really standing here.

"Dani. I'm 15." My voice was shaking.

" So tell us something so the audience can get to know you " Demi said.

I could say I am your Daughter this is something you CLEARLY don't know.

I stood awkwardly in silence as I didn't know what to say.

I looked toward Dawn and Nick who were smiling at me.

for the past year , I have been auditioning but I never went on stage.

I really know why I adored Taylor all these year as she went and helped out. Taylor gave me a small smile. "And what will you be doing for us today?". she said changing the subject.

"Singing , Listen by Beyoncé."

"That's a big song, ." said Selena.

"Ok, off you go, sweetheart." Simon gave a go ahead to the music. As soon as the song started, I completely relaxed and took over the stage.

" Listen to the song here in my heart
A melody I start but can't complete"

I don't why, but they were staring at me, their mouths hanging open. Perhaps I really that bad, still I continued singing, in my safe place, where everything was good, and nothing bad happened.

Listen to the sound from deep within
Its only beginning to find release

Oh the time has come for my dreams to be heard

They will not be pushed aside and turned
Into your own, all 'cause you won't listen ,

Listen, I am alone at a crossroads

I'm not at home in my own home

And I've tried and tried
To say what's on my mind
You should have known
Now I'm done believing you
You don't know what I'm feeling
I'm more than what
You've made of me
I followed the voice, you gave to me
But now I've gotta find my own
You should have listened

I wondered when Simon was going to stop me. Usually after about a verse, he stopped people but they were letting me finish. I wondered why. None the less, I went back to singing, struggling to fight back the nerves but I kept looking at Dawn who was back stage.

There was someone here inside
Someone I thought had died
So long ago
Oh I'm screaming out
And my dreams will be heard
They will not be pushed aside or turned
Into your own
All 'cause you won't listen

I could see Taylor nodding her head in approval and Selena giving me a thumbs up to continue but Demi face looked like she is recognizing who I am.

Now I am done believing you
You don't know not what I am feeling
I'm more than what you've made of me
I followed the voice you think you gave to me

But now I got to find my own, my own

Finally, I stopped. All the camera men were even looking at me in shock. Perhaps it was the tears that were coming from my eyes? I swear they come in the most embarrassing moments - its like my body loves humiliating me. I quickly raised my arm to wipe them away, and waited for them to speak.

At last, Selena and Taylor stood up and started clapping their hands, "Come on guys! Standing ovation! She's good enough to bow down to!" Selena said and Simon glanced at her as if he is questioning her sanity.

"It was Amazing!" Taylor said.

"Exactly!" Selena boomed, his loud voice fulling the silence of the room.

Selena and Taylor turned to Simon who was looking at me speculatively.

" I want to be honest with you Dani" he informed me.

I nodded , I wanted to hear the truth.

" I didn't like it " Simon said with a cold stare.

The crowd's boos got louder and louder

"Oh come on Simon!!" Selena stated

" Don't listen to Simon as Demi always say , he is getting old " Taylor said.

" What was I thinking when I brought 3 girls with me in a panel " He stated as he looked at Taylor and Selena who where furious while Demi didn't say a word she just stared at the me.

He looked at me again and said " I LOVED IT , I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT "

The crowd stated cheering again.

"I say YES!" Taylor said. "Can you be in my catagory?"

"I going to fight for you to be in my category!" Selena said as she winked at me.

" This is the biggest yes I will ever give so yes " Selena said excited.

" Well neither you " he pointed at Selena who was sitting beside him " nor you " he said to Taylor " she is going to be in my category".

"You've got 3 yes's so far! So Demi what do you say !" Dermot said

Demi finally reacted

" N-o" She said Then suddenly walked away from stage.

" Demi , Demi" Nick said as he follows Demi going off stage.