❪4❫ ⋆₊˚. ᎒ an angel in disguise

❝YOU LOOK SO PRETTY AND I LOVE THIS VIEW.❞

- girl in red

。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°

▍◦◦°.✽ DANI WASHED HER HANDS BEFORE GETTING CHANGED. Her morning had been off to an awful start, and it was visibly getting to her. She viciously scrubbed her hands before the start of class. It wasn't until she realized that she'd been in the bathroom for about five whole minutes, that she finally turned off the running water and dried her hands; they were pinkish in colour from how forcefully she'd handled them. She scampered toward the girls' locker room and changed into the school-provided gym clothes they were forced to wear; a grey shirt and whichever bottoms students brought with them. Dani had brought an old pair of black running shorts for herself.

Unable to tie her hair up (her frizz just wasn't cooperating with her today), Dani instead opted to turn her bandanna into a makeshift headband so it was out of her face.

Dani walked into the gymnasium with the other girls in her class wearing a less-than-pleasant expression.

Seconds before class started, Bella tried to come up to her, tried to explain herself for her actions this morning but Dani just ignored her.

Admittedly, she was still pissed about the administration's decision to put them in all the same classes. Did they think Dani couldn't handle herself on her own? Did they think she was just helpless without Bella or something? Dani was already forced to live with her and commute with her (well, when Bella didn't leave her behind that is) and now she was going to be in every single class with her too? It was going to drive her insane!

Haven't there been studies done about the negative effects of spending too much time with one person? Did no one stop to think that maybe once in a while (preferably all the time) Dani and Bella needed a break from each other?

And just to add to the things that weren't going her way today, whose bright idea was it to give them P.E. first period? Dani grumbled. She loved P.E. but to have it first thing in the morning? To spend the rest of her day all sweaty? Well, hopefully, there were school showers...

Dani sat as far away from Bella as possible on the bleachers while their teacher explained that they'd be playing volleyball in one half of the gym while the other half would be basketball.

She was positive that she started to hear the angels sing. But it was also bittersweet since it reminded her of everything she'd left back in Arizona. Still, Dani would never pass up an opportunity to play volleyball.

When it was revealed that she and Bella would be on opposing teams, Dani couldn't hide the grin on her face.

During the entirety of the game, Bella's eyes would just nervously follow Dani's every move. At first, she played like normal—actually, she might have been holding back a little bit. But as the game progressed and the girls started to get more into it, so did Dani.

"Mine!"

Bella jumped when she heard Dani loudly call out for the ball. Her gaze went past the net toward her younger sister who'd already done her approach, and jumped off the ground. Bella wasn't athletic, and she didn't know much about volleyball. Nevertheless, even an amateur like her could tell where Dani intended for this ball to go... Instinctively, she put up her arms to shield her face.

While the toss wasn't perfect Dani still managed to hit the ball just right and it hurtled rapidly toward Bella. Dani was still grinning as she hit the ground and watched as the events unfolded.