❪2❫ ⋆₊˚. ᎒ welcome to forks washington

❝I NEVER LOVED ANYONE LIKE I LOVE YOU.❞

- unknown

。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°

▍◦◦°.✽ WHEN DANI WASN'T CRASHING PARTIES OR ACTIVELY lying to her mother and step-father, there were other ways that she spent her time. One of those ways was volleyball. Dani was a really good volleyball player and she enjoyed playing a lot. The entire girl's varsity team had been working their asses off to try and place as far as they could this year and they'd actually managed to make it to the finals. Finals! That had never happened before in the entire history of the girls' team at her high school. 

Dani was looking forward to potentially winning, but now? 

She stared at the window with her arms crossed in silent protest. Music was blasting at maxed volume from her earbuds as she ignored the conversation happening in the car. 

An entire week had passed since Marcus's party and now Dani was headed to the airport with her family. This time no one listened to her. No one was on her side. She understood that she messed up, and she accepted that she was grounded but to just move away afterwards was too far. She barely had time to say goodbye to everyone—at least she and Serena were in the same classes so even while being grounded, Dani got the chance to talk to her. But the other girls? Their grades varied and so Dani had to either say goodbye through text or through Serena. She also had to quit the team without much notice, which ultimately had her coach very disappointed. It was horrible. 

Dani tried to compromise at first. She apologized for yelling at Renée and tried to explain the importance of attending this match. She outlined all the work she'd done with the team so far and how they were counting on her. She suggested staying at a friend's house—one of the other girls since Renée clearly didn't like Serena—until the tournament was over and then she'd, without complaints, fly to Forks to live with her dad. 

But Renée refused. 

When they finally got to the airport, Dani purposefully trailed behind the others. 

Renée dropped the girls off right before they had to go through security. She turned to her daughters, preparing to say goodbye or at least that's what it looked like. Dani couldn't quite hear what she was saying on account of her loud music. 

Instead, she watched, pathetically, as Renée's mouth moved to signal that she'd started talking. Dani could see Bella standing next to her, nodding her head at the words that poured out of their mother's mouth. Eventually, the two of them hugged each other tightly.

Dani rolled her eyes. 

They pulled apart and Renée kissed Bella's forehead before turning to her youngest. 

Dani stared back at her, visibly displeased with this entire procedure. 

Renée's eyebrows knit together as her eyelids dropped, showcasing her anger at Dani's reaction. She probably thought that Dani was still "misbehaving" as she'd loved to put it. Whatever, it didn't matter, Dani told herself. She didn't care how angry her mom got, she wasn't going to put a smile on her face and pretend to be happy with this brash decision. 

Without another word, Renée grabbed Dani's arm and pulled her closer. She physically embraced the angry teen, who didn't return the gesture. Dani had her arms firmly by her sides, waiting until Renée was finished.