Italy x Reader ~ If You Were Gay

Songfic -
If You Were Gay
by
Avenue Q

"Aaah. Finally, an afternoon alone with my favourite book, "F/B." My roommate is out and they won't be able to bother me. How could it possibly get any better than this?" you sighed to yourself, at peace.

Suddenly, the door to your dorm room slammed open.

"Ciao, Y/N!" your Italian roommate chirped as he walked in.

"Hi Feliciano," you sighed, knowing that your peaceful afternoon was now ruined.

"Hey, Y/N! You'll never guess what happened to me on the train this morning! This stranger was smiling at me and talking to me! They didn't talk about pasta, but they were being really friendly!" he said excitedly, practically jumping up and down on the spot.

"That's very interesting," you said indifferently, flipping through the pages of your book.

"He was being really nice! I think he may have wanted to be really good friends with me! Maybe he thought that I was flirting with him. He's not a bella, but maybe he thought that I was gay!" he said cheerfully.

"So, why are you telling me this? Should I care? I don't care at all. What did you have for lunch today? Pasta again?" you grumpily asked, still annoyed at the ruined afternoon.

"You don't have be so defensive about it Y/N!"

"I'm NOT being defensive about it. Why should I care about some gay creepy guy you met on the train. I am trying to read," you snapped, rolling your eyes.

"I didn't mean anything by it Y/N. It should something that we can talk about! Ve! Like us talking about cats!

"I don't want to talk about it, Feliciano! This conversation is over," you grumbled.

"But Y/N!" he whined.

"Over!" you said brusquely.

"Okay then Y/N!~ But just so you know!~"

"Why do I feel like he's about to start singing?"

"If you were gay! That'd be okay! Because hey! I'd like you anyway! Because you see, if it were me! I would feel free to say that I was gay! But I'm not gay!" Feliciano sang, dancing as he circled around you.

"But you are. You're gay for Ludwig."

"Feliciano, please. I am trying to read."

You noticed him about to say something. Or rather, sing something.

"What?" you asked him, noticing him looking at you expectantly.

"If you were queer! I'd still be here!" he continued.

"I won't be here any longer if you keep this up," you told him, glaring slightly.

"Year after year! Because you're dear to me! We have been friends for a long time after all!" he sang to you, adding in a little side note about your friendship.

"And I know that you, would accept me toooooooo!"

"Well duh. Breaking a friendship over something as petty as that? That's stupid. Breaking our friendship over you singing to me? Yeah, that's pretty reasonable."

"If I told you today, hey! Guess what! I'm gay! But I'm not gay!" he said, doing a little jig around your figure.

"I'm happy, just being with you!"

"You're always happy. Sometimes annoyingly happy."

"So what should it matter to me what you have for lunch with guys!" Feliciano cheered, completely ignoring your snide remark.

"Why on earth did you bring lunch into this? Are you hungry again?"

"If you were gay! I'd shout hooray!"

"Why would you be cheering? That makes no sense!" you shouted over his singing.

"And here I'd stay! But I wouldn't get in your way!"

"You're always in my way," you growled, rolling your eyes.

"YOU CAN COUNT ON ME! TO ALWAYS BE! BESIDE YOU EVERY DAY, TO TELL YOU IT'S OKAY, YOU WERE JUST BORN THAT WAY, AND, AS THEY SAY, IT'S IN YOUR DNA, YOU'RE GAY!" he finished off in rapid succession, shouting the last paragraph of the song.

"I'm not gay."

"But if you were!" Feliciano finished, smiling at you.

You face palmed, slumping down in your seat.

"How did you not run out of breath?" you questioned him, trying to get off the topic.

"I have practice!" he chirped cheerfully.

"Ughh. Where did you even find that song?"

"I heard Gilbert singing it to Ludwig! He told me I should sing it to you!"

"Gilbert, you're dead to me."

I did change some of the lyrics to try and make it fit better with his personality. Hope you enjoyed it!
See ya at the next update!
- Starlite