Painful Rejection: Chapter 28

Start from the beginning

I blinked and looked down. Whoever or whatever that voice is I keep hearing, they’re right. I mean how can I think I can really beat this?

"Don’t think that!" Kenzie suddenly snapped.

I jumped slightly at her outburst then sighed. "Kenzie.  . .let’s face it. My transformation is inevitable."

She shook her head. "No Harmony. We will beat this and get you back to normal. Where’s this even coming from?"

I looked down at my lap. "I had a dream . . . a voice in my dream said that it’s only a matter of time before I’m 'reborn' as the voice put it." I shook my head. "It said that I have all this power inside me that will be released once I’ve turned. . .maybe it was just the way they said it but they made it sound like I’m actually powerful. What if that power is used against you guys?"

"I won’t let you even come close to turning!" she said sternly.

I leaned my elbow on my knee and rested my chin on my palm. "I tried to pretend I was just a werewolf after finding out I was actually a hybrid but what if I can’t?"

"Well worry about that later but for now it’s 2 in the morning and I do enjoy sleep." she said with a smile.

"2 in the morning?! What the heck am I doing up?!"

Kenzie giggled. "You tell me. Now I’m going back to bed. You gunna be ok?"

I rolled my eyes. "Kenzie, I’m not a little kid."

She stuck her tongue out at me before walking out.

"Guess that’s more than I can say for you!" I called after her.

"Can’t hear you I’m sleeping!" she shouted.

I smiled and shook my head before lying down under the covers again.