Chapter 14

Anthony's POV

Of all things that could happen,  that was the last one I was expecting. In mere seconds, I found myself on the floor with a sharp pain spreading through my left leg which was throbbing and bleeding endlessly. The pain was so strong and affective that I couldnt even more my leg. My muscles stiffened so much, I thought they might break my bones in any second. Panting, I turned my head to the side, feeling it banging, creating a strong pressure on my ears. My eyes landed on a dark haired man in a suit who looked at us with a deadpanned expression. 

A sudden sound of a groan made me snap my head up, a thing I regretted immediately because of the sudden pain occurring over my head, which felt as if thousands of hammers were hitting it at once. My head fell back down, meeting with the hard asphalt which didn't improve my condition.

"Aahh... " A sudden scream of pain mixed with pantings uttered from in front of me. My eyes widened in horror to the sound of that voice. Kim's voice. I managed to lift my head, so I could take a look at Kim, who was lying on the floor in front of me with her hand pressing hard against her chest which was covered in dark, crimson blood. Suddenly, all of the pain I felt, disappeared from my leg, my head, and my back. Instead, it aimed straight into my heart and struck it. 

Less than a minute later, a sound of many people uttered from behind me, all were shouting:

"What was that?!"

"Find him!"

"He couldn't run away!"

I looked back to see five or six people in blue uniforms running around. Some of them held guns, and some didn't. The words "SECURITY STAFF" were printed in big, white letters on the back of their blue shirts.

I started crawling toward Kim's body which was laying on the road helplessly. Her eyes were opened widely, panick, terror and fear filled them. She didn't blink even once. Her face was wet and pale, you could have told she was dead if her chest hadn't been rising and falling rapidly.

"Kim... " I managed to say. She opened her mouth to say something, although nothing but air came out of her bluish lips. "Uhhu... " She tried to speak, her eyes moved to mine, full of all the terror a human's eye could possibly hold. I was sure in that moment that that look was going to haunt me for a while.

"Shhh... don't worry, I'll help you." I said and put my hand over her's.

"I have just called 911. They are gonna come soon." A low,  bass voice uttered from behind us. I looked up at the tall, broad guy in front of us who was wearing the security uniform. I nodded, and moved to look back at Kim who was panting. Her chest was rising and falling oddly. In fact, it was barely falling.

My eyes widened when the realization hit me. She might have got a Pneumotherax. We didn't have much time left.

"Give me your hand," I said to the tall man in front of us. He outstretched his hand toward me with a questioning expression pass in Hon his face. I took it with no hesitation and started lifting myself up.

The second he realized what I was trying to do, he tried to push me back down gently. "I'm sorry, but I don't think you should be on your feet when your foot is bleeding that much." He said, pointing to my left food which was then half covered in blood, which was then almost black.

"I need to help her. I'm a doctor. She needs an immediate help!" I said between greeted teeth. He didn't listen, though. Asshole.  However, I managed to lift myself up. I started limping toward my car, when suddenly, a hand gripped onto my shoulder, forcing me to stop.

"I'm sorry but I won't let you walk when your condition is still unstable enough." He said.

"Listen up, dude. This girl is going to die if you aren't gonna let me take care of her. I need to help her. I have the equipment I need in my car." I said harshly.