Chapter 7

This chapter is dedicated to xXCarryMeAwayXx for being such a great written and for her sweet and flattering comments. Thank you <3

My head was throbbing. I felt like it was hit by a hammer over and over again, causing a forceful pain to take over me. I felt nauseous and weak.

I stayed like that for a few moments before deciding to finally stand from the bed. The moment I lifted my head from the soft, comforting pillow, it fell back down, causing a sharp pain to occur at the back of my head. My eyes opened all at once, making the dazzling light to pierce through my eyes to blind me, which has only increased the pain at the back of my head, making it become intolerable.

So that's probably how a hangover feels. It was the first time I've ever had one, and let me tell you something:

That was the worst pain I've ever felt in my whole life.

"Don't worry about that. I haven't ruined anything!" Brian's irritated voice uttered from outside the room.

I stood from the bed, almost trembling on my feet because of the extra pain suddenly filling my head. I'd started walking toward the door when I felt a strong pain attacking my knees. I looked at my legs, realizing that I was no longer wearing the same clothes I did the day before. I was now wearing a dark blue loose shirt and a pair of jeans.

"Kim?" Brian's voice uttered from behind the door, making me take a step back in surprise and hit the side of the bed.

He walked through the door and leaned on the closest wall. His eyes were full of concern and regret.

"Who were you talking to?" I asked quietly.

"Just one of my co-workers. Problems in work, not something you should be worried about at the moment. anyway, how are you feeling?" He asked, still not moving from his spot, keeping a distance between us.

"My head." I answered weakly. A bitter taste of thirst filled my mouth, making me wrinkle my nose as I'd swallowed hard. "I need some water." I announced, my voice was barely audible as I'd spoken. It was impossible to ignore the itching in my throat, which just made my condition even worse.

I'd started limping toward the door when Brian suddenly spoke. "I'll go get you some, you don't have to harder on yourself." I didn't even have time to protest before he disappeared behind the door.

I sat on the edge of the bed and started lifting my jeans up, revealing the bare skin of my legs. I winced in pain when my hands reached the bottom of my knee. The pain was abrupt, unexpected. I started lifting the fabric slowly, careful not to touch the sensitive skin.

A huge, dark red bruise was revealed in front of me. The sight of it made my knee throb in pain.

I didn't remember getting those bruises. Examining it, I'd tried to recall what happened on the other day when sudden images of last night events invaded my mind.

I was hit. And not hit just by someone. I was hit by Brian.

I could suddenly feel his wet palm coming in contact with my cheek, see the eyes which glared at me with such rage that I have never seen in his eyes before.

Those dreadful memories made my whole body to intense in fear.

An abrupt sound of the door caused a deep gasp to escape my lips.

"Here," Brian said, putting the glass of water on the commode next to my bed.

He turned around and left the room afterwards, leaving me in our bedroom.