epilogue

"Today will be a big day, for the two of us."

She fluttered her eyes open to see Jimin lying right beside her, tracing his fingers over her rosy cheeks. His eyes slightly widened when he realized that she was awake. He bit his lip before pecking her lips softly.

"Good morning, beautiful." He whispered, wrapping his arm around her waist. "Are you ready to visit Busan?"

Eunji slightly frowned, realizing what he meant when the two words 'big day' slipped out of his mouth. Jimin noticed the nervousness that was beginning to form behind her brown orbs, which made him flash his reassuring smile.

"Dad will love you," he smiled, and Eunji felt herself slowly getting better. This is what Eunji loved about Jimin, he knew what to say just to make her feel better, even the slightest bit. "I call him every once in a while and he always tells me to come visit because he wants to meet you."

"But how about your sister?" She asked him nervously. "She's almost the same age as me and what if she—doesn't like me?"

"She'll love you, trust me." She felt his fingers laced into hers, and she achieved a sense of confidence.. at least. "Are you ready?"

She shrugged her shoulders, "I'm ready, but not ready to make a fool out of myself in front of your own family."

"You'll do great, and anyway, they probably won't notice you out of the hundred people coming to the reunion party." Jimin pinched her cheek. "Aigoo, are you that nervous?"

"Shut up," she playfully glared him, hopping off the bed. "I'm going to take a shower!"

"Can I join?" He asked, grinning and she grabbed a pillow, throwing it straight to his face. "Hey! It's actually a great idea, it saves more water, and it'll be more time consuming!"

Eunji shook her head as she stuck her tongue out at him, shutting the door behind her. The tap turned on and all you could hear in the room was the warm water pouring. Jimin smiled to himself, hopping off the bed, opening one of the drawers on the bedside table. Rummaging through stacks of paper, he finally reached into the back corner of the drawer to feel a small box.

He pulled out the box and held it in his hands, slowly opening it to reveal a silver band. He took it out and placed it through his pinky, analyzing it and praying up to the heavens that it would fit her finger perfectly.

It'll look beautiful once it's on you, he thought to himself proudly before putting the ring away.

❃❃❃

"Almost half an hour left and we'll be there." Jimin glanced at Eunji, who was placing her hand over his.

She was staring out into the distance, loving the view of grass and mountains. It gave her a sense of freedom, and she loved it. Jimin smiled to himself, giving her a glance every now and then as he drove down the highway.

"You really love the mountains, don't you?" She nodded her head, rolling down the window to get a better look of the tall mountains as they were driving closer and closer to them. "I do, too. They look much more beautiful once you enter Busan."

"How much longer until we reach your house?" Eunji asked as Jimin chuckled.

"Were you listening? I said almost half an hour." Eunji sighed, slowly beginning to look nervous just like this morning. "Oh god, there's that face again."

"Do I look that obvious?" Eunji stared at him, nervousness still beginning to form on her face. Jimin nodded, pursing his lips into a line.

"Don't be nervous," he repeated for the umpth time. "They'll love you, just like how I do."