three

She opened the fifth drawer of her desk, revealing another set of untouched pens and a stack of lined paper. She grabbed the pens and put them into the huge cardboard box along with the rest of her stuff. At least those untouched pens will be in good use for her new job.

"A resignation letter?" Her boss, Lee Sunghyun, asked with surprise in his voice. "Is there any reason as to why you're suddenly leaving the company?"

Eunji avoided eye contact, fiddling with her fingers as she replied, "no, sir. I was offered a position at the Wired."

He nodded his head understandingly, "and you're taking the position?"

"Yes, sir. I hope you understand." She looked up at him, smiling sadly, "my experience here was absolutely amazing and I never regretted obtaining a position here."

"I'm glad that you got a position at the Wired," he smiled, "it gives a good reflection on our company."

"I'll start packing my stuff tomorrow morning, if you don't mind." She insisted as he nodded, "tomorrow morning as in before the office opens."

"Oh, sure." He chuckled, "do you really want to leave that soon?"

She bit her lip, shaking her head, "Oh, no, I don't mean it that way. I just, I don't want to get any attention."

Eunji opened the last drawer of her desk and put her hand inside just to make sure she didn't forget anything. Her hand managed to grab something light in weight. She looked down at it only to see a pair of glasses.

"Why?"

She looked up, startled, to see Jimin standing leaning against the wall of her cubicle. She sighed, feeling her hand grip tightly onto the glasses. "What are you doing here so early in the morning?"

He completely ignored her questioning, shooting daggers at her as he repeated himself, "why?"

"I got offered a position at the Wired." She began, before looking at him with a blank expression.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He looked broken, but she was more broken than he was.

"It's not like you would care about me leaving." She explained, shrugging her shoulders, "after all, no one would notice, I was never friends with anyone."

"When?" He asked as she quirked an eyebrow in confusion, "when were you offered the job?"

"A week ago," she answered.

"So you're just going to leave us just like that?" She looked at him, their eyes meeting, and for a moment she saw his eyes turn glassy. "Leave me?"

She blinked her tears away, somehow hearing the old Jimin flow out of his lips through his words. She nodded her head, only to see him look up at the ceiling, a tear escaping his eye.

He wiped it, shaking his head before turning his back towards her. "It was nice meeting you, I hope you like it at your new job."

He began to walk away from her until she spoke up, "you know, I miss the old Jimin."

She managed to stop him from leaving, his back still facing her. "I miss the old Jimin who didn't care about what other people thought of him. I miss the old Jimin who didn't let anything or anyone get to his head."

He turned around, facing her with his head hung low. She held his glasses and walked to him, searching for his eyes.

"I miss the old Jimin who was beautiful," she began, pointing to his chest, "in there."