six

"S-Sungjae?"

The two of them were standing on the rooftop, his hands holding hers. The wind was grazing her bare skin, some strands of her hair carelessly swaying with it. He stared at her, hope in his eyes that made her only feel more guilty under his gaze.

"Please," he whispered, reaching down to the crown that she had in her hands.

Eunji felt her head drop, she shut her eyes and wished for someone to wake her up from this nightmare. She didn't want to hurt Sungjae's feelings at all, she had no intentions of breaking his heart at all. But breaking his heart was the only way to move on.

She felt a tear fall out of her eye, "I-I'm sorry, Sungjae. I can't do this."

His hands fell from hers, and she winced at his sigh of frustration. She looked up to see him, his face showing a flash of hurt. She watched him as he tossed his mask to the side, running his hands through his brown locks angrily.

"I'm sorry," she whispered, backing away from him, wiping the tears that were beginning to stream down her cheeks without end. "I'm in love with someone else."

He turned his back towards her, a few sniffs coming from him. She took a step to reach out to him, before he held up his hand to stop her. "Go, just go."

"I'm sorry, Sungjae, I never wanted to hurt you—"

"Just go. I don't want to see you here."

Eunji dropped her arms to her sides, mumbling her apologies as she began to head back to the hall. She ran down the stairs, in hopes of finding her other king who she left. She felt her heart race and break at the same time.

Once she reached the hall, she wiped her tears and began to push through the couples that were dancing on the floor. She searched from him, stopping some guys here and there to check if it was him. It was like she was going insane, only to become sane when she sees him.

"Minhee, have you seen Jimin?" Eunji stopped Minhee from dancing with a guy.

She shook her head, "I haven't seen him since half an hour ago, he was standing near that door. Maybe he left?"

Eunji nodded her head, thanking Minhee, running towards the door. She pushed through the double doors, ripping off her mask from her face. She gripped tightly onto the crown that was still in her hands, arriving at the entrance of the hall.

"Jimin?" She called out, pushing through the entrance doors, seeing nothing but an empty parking lot. "Jimin? I know you're here, come out, please."

She took a step through the parking lot, walking and walking until she stopped in her tracks. Ahead of her, she squinted her eyes at a figure that was standing near a lamp post, his back facing her.

She whispered, "J-Jimin?"

She took another step, and as if he sensed she was there, he turned around. Her heart dropped when she saw the tears that were streaming down his cheeks. He was wearing the same exact tux as the man who was the first one to approach her at the hall.

Their eyes met, and it was almost as if the anger inside his eyes was completely evident. His blood was boiling, and his heart was clenching. She began to reach out to him, only to stop when he gripped tightly onto the crown that shimmered underneath the moonlight. He tossed the crown to the side, letting it fall onto the pavement.

He smiled sadly, shrugging his shoulders, "I'll see you tomorrow, I guess."

"Jimin, I—"

"You look beautiful in that crown," he added, "it suits you."