15; got your back

When standing in front of your shoe locker you expected something to fall out.

Trash, insects, spiders, maybe even a frog.

But nothing. Which relieved you a lot.

After changing your shoes you saw Oikawa waiting at the end of the aisle.

"Where's Iwa-chan?"

"Writing a note... He's going to ask the person to meet up."

"Will he be alright?"

"If that person didn't care about him, he or she wouldn't have written that note in the first place."

"Then, what if the note was for you and Iwa-chan shows up?"

Trying to think of something his face twisted. Meanwhile the other boy came back, asking what you both thought of his replay.

Can we meet up at lunch break at the gym?

You folded the note and voiced your thoughts.

"This will work perfectly. Also if you're both near the gym, the author will automatically walk up to the intended receiver. And since you're both part of the volleyball team, it's not weird for the other to be there."

"Oohh you're actually quite clever, huh?" said the captain trying to be smug, but only got ignored.

"Just make sure you're not next to each other. If the author suddenly stands in front of both of you, it's harder to tell who he wanted to talk to. Or the person might not get close at all."

"It would be harder to tell? More like, impossible..."

"Let's say Iwa-chan were to walk away without saying anything. The person will either follow him, believing he's leading him to a desolate place to talk or he will stay and think that Iwa-chan left because he knew that Oikawa wanted to talk alone."

Both boys looked at you surprised, what made you shrug.

"Well that's only an assumption though. In the end it might just be completely different."

"We'll see, but it sounds like a solid plan. From then on it's up to us."

You nodded feeling relieved on one side, on the other you were annoyed of yourself.

Why does it always end in trouble for your friends. You somehow failed to understand.

The note was applied with sticky tape to Iwaizumi's locker and then you all headed off for your classrooms.

Much to your dismay lunch break came around faster than usual.

Sneaking to the gym, with no one in sight, you recalled another possible outcome.

What if the author came before the guys could arrive?

You hid inside the gym, close to the windows that faced the back of the building.

A sports club was watching you, but you just motioned them to pretend you were not there.

You faintly heard words but the noise of squeaking shoes and dribbling sounds were louder.

When you tried to peek out of the window you suddenly felt a weight on the other side of your body.

Oikawa was leaning onto you, holding his index finger on his lips.

You just bleaked at him in a matter of telling "even if I said something, the other guys are 10x louder".

He removed himself from you, went a bit back from the window and called out to the boys.

"Alright everyone, great job! Now time for a break!"

And magically everyone stopped and walked outside, sipping from their water bottles.

Oikawa moved back to you with a wink. You gave him a thumbs up and quickly directed your attention to the situation behind the gym.

Huh, that's the girl from Oikawas fanclub!

Oikawa raised an eyebrow.
"I think I saw her before..."

"Of course duh, she's from your fanclub."

"Huh really? Weird, usually I always remember who's cheering for me..."

Until now the girl didn't say much of importance, only doing smalltalk. So the male decided to put an end to it.

"Now, please tell me already what that note was about. You were the one who wrote it right?"

Her face darkens like you already saw so often. Though the emotion that graced her face wasn't the usual one...