60-06; youth

"You're kidding, right?" you said bluntly, it was hard to believe after all. It made sense that they let you here because their friends lived in the neighbourhood, but still. They would have said anything about it?!

"Your parents kept quite because they thought it's best you remember yourself. However I'm thinking differently... so I placed a drawing from back then in Tõru's room."

"So it was you who placed the >I love you< paper there!" Oikawa stammered putting the pieces together slowly.

"Whooa those scribbles meant >I love you<? What bold children but well, you also kissed so why am I surprised."

"This is too much!!!" both you and Oikawa spoke in unison, faces beet red.

"Please continue." However Iwaizumi wanted to know the story behind it. Your parents once told you of how a boy kissed you but you never believed it. It just sounded ridiculous.

"It started innocently with our little princess saying that she wants to find a prince one day who she will marry. My mom told her then that for that prince she must save her first kiss, since it's something important girls must do."

"DON'T!" Oikawa and you screamed in unison.

"And since you only were two years old you asked what a kiss is, so Tõru, who just had appeared at that moment, showed you what a kiss is. And since with that her first kiss was taken and she couldn't save it for her prince anymore, she started crying and crying."

You buried your face in your hands while Oikawa did exactly the same.

"It's hard to believe that the best part is yet to come!" she announced and you looked up. Your parents didn't tell you what happened after that.

"Because you wouldn't stop crying he kissed you again to shut you up and you started arguing after that." The more she said the more familiar the story became.

"Stop crying already, it's annoying!" the five year old hissed at you and despite only being two (and a half) years old you hissed right back.

"I saved it for my prince and now I can't marry anymore! Tõ-chan, stupid!" while your parents discussed where she learned how to insult Oikawa took your hand.

"Then marry me, problem solved! Okay?"

"Okay! But you're not a prince."

"Who wants to be a prince anyway, I'll become a king, the one who rules the world and then you'll be the queen! That's way better than being a princess!"

---

Upon remembering you dashed to your room and fished something out of the shelf, where Oikawa had dropped his cake the other day. He must have seen it and dropped it out of shock.

In your hands you held a silver pendant. As you were back on the couch you opened it, revealing a folded piece of paper.

"So you remember now, huh?" Oikawa spoke while his sister curiously got closer.

"Just barely."

You unfolded the paper and quickly folded it back into the shape it was, before putting it back into the pendant.

"Huh, I want to see too!" female Oikawa whined while her brother looked the other way embarrassed.

---

It was evening and the Oikawas had just left. You stood in front of the shelf again, taking the paper out of the pendant and unfolding it once more.

Inside weren't words but two rings made of metal wire, obviously way too small to fit now. Nevertheless you took one and tried putting it on your right hand. But it got stuck under where the nail ended.

"I'll get us new ones." startled by Oikawa's voice you turned around and immediately got wrapped in an embrace. "So we met again. After ten years. Even though you forgot about me." he fake sobbed and you chuckled.

"Well, I can assure you that I won't forget you ever again."

He pulled away so he could kiss your lips. He parted chuckling.

"I have been thinking that even after you leave, we'll for sure meet again some day and that I will fall for you all over again... it's kind of funny that I already did. And I love you even more than I did back-" silenced by a kiss he pulled you closer.

~~~

(Small Bonus: 10 years ago)

"Iwa-chaaan, I have a new friend! She's sooo cute, I will marry her when I'm older." the brunette called out to him with sparkling eyes as he visited his friend at home.

"Then you will need a ring! We can use this thing, I watched my mom use it." he held up metal wire and bended it in various angles.

"Whoaa Iwa-chan that's awesome, let's do that!"

"When will you play with her again? Can I play with her too?"

"No Iwa-chan, she is my husband."

"That's called wife, idiot!"

~~~
(AN)
Children are just too precious at times (in my mind). Btw thanks to my three years old niece for having a boyfriend while I don't!

At least I have Tõru ♡

"Author-chan, please don't make this any more depressing than it already is"
- My Roommate
(if she knew what I'm writing)

but everyone, thanks a lot, I love every one of you and I hope you're enjoying it still >_<;