40; Sports Festival (4)

Startled by the sudden company the girl apologised for interrupting the conversation and plead further.

"My partner for the three legged race got injured during the last game and I don't think I can pull it off with someone else."

"So you want to ask Oikawa to-"

"No, that's not it! I had hoped for you two to replace my partner and me."

You both looked at each other.

"I don't really mind but ..."
"I'm from the Red Team after all."
"I could ask Iwa-chan and-"

"I already asked him and he told me to get you two, the teacher said it's fine since it's a replacement for an injured."

Happiness welled up inside you.

Why though?

So you both agreed and got yourselves to the starting line.

"Alright so let's start with the tied leg, slow until we get used to it. And don't forget I'm not a fast runner like you nor are my legs as long as yours."

"Oh you noticed my long legs?"

Before you could say anything further he already pressed his finger on your lips.

"I know already. Time to show off with our good team work, right?"

"Though back then the result wasn't what we hoped for."

"Who knows..."

"HAAH?!"

"I'm just kidding, just kidding!"

Before it was close to begin you wrapped one arm around him to steady yourself.

Surprised he hesitated before doing the same.

So when it started a lot pairs stumbled over their own feet. But Oikawa and you handled it well.

After a short amount of time you had a pace that was almost as fast as running. Needless to say you were the first to arrive at the finish line with a huge gap.

The white team cheered loudly for you when suddenly a voice that sounded quite like Iwaizumi's yelled through.

"KISS HER!"

And apparently everyone joined in.

'Where did this come from suddenly?!'

You blushed furiously just like the male next to you.

Suddenly he wrapped his arms around you and squeezed you tightly. There was no room for you to move or protest.

When he let go he faced the squealing mess just a little embarrassed.
"This must suffice..."

---

Now after cleaning up it was time to go home.

The plan was for Iwaizumi, Oikawa and you to walk home together and get an ice cream.

But you couldn't find either of them.

So when you reached the rooftop the second time today you were surprised how windy it has gotten.

No one was here either.

"Geez..."

The Sun started to set and it was really pretty, so you decided to just let them find you here.

You sat down at the exact same spot where you sat with Oikawa earlier and went through everything that happened today once more.

It really was a lot of fun actually.

"Are you fine with me going out with him?" the words of your rival, the leader of Oikawas fanclub still rang in your ears.

"No way."

"Heh~ is that so? Then what reason do you have?"

Back then you couldn't answer.

It's not like you didn't know but more like you didn't want to.

Again the doors opened unexpected and one of the males that you've been searching for stood before you.

"Found you~"

"I've been searching for you and Iwa-chan!"

"Well, here I am..."

His expression suddenly changed drastic from cheery to serious.

"There's something important that I need you to know."

So he said but his eyes were avoiding yours for a while, darting around the area.

He probably thought of the right words to use. And when he did he looked straight into your orbs.

"I'm sorry. I fell in love with you. I know you don't want that, I guess that's why I kept denying it but in the end I couldn't help it... I love you so much."

You didn't know what to say. It was sudden after all. You opened your mouth to just say anything but he cut you off immediately.

"I don't need an answer. You only want to be friends, I know that and I'm fine with it.
You've become a precious person so fast and I'd rather keep you forever as a friend than to risk loosing you because I know I'd mess it up and you'd hate me-"

For a second he stopped talking before he went on.

"And that's something I wouldn't be able to recover from. So I only wanted to say it, so that I can leave these feelings behind and start to only see you as a friend."

Even now you weren't able to say anything. What's there more to respond?

"Aahh I said a little much, well I'll be leaving now. Walk home with Iwa-chan, it's starting to get dark soon. Bye~"

With a smile on his face he left while you were pretty much still dumbfounded.

And there at the sunset someone confessed their love to you.

"Huh?!"