60-09; harbour

Soon summer was over and school started again. In about two months was another tournament coming, so Oikawa and you saw each other less often. Plus you had a feeling he was avoiding you during breaks.

However there was no way to confirm and you were busy with the committee for the cultural festival too.

But you were looking forward to it.

---

"So, there's going to be a Miss and Mister Kitagawa Daiichi contest. Every class submits a female participant and at the festival there will be a vote - who am I telling this, you probably already know." you announced standing in front of the class.

You placed your papers onto the teachers pult and took a piece of chalk in your hand.

"First, let's vote who to submit!"

"It's gotta be the queen!"
"We'll surely win with her!"

Everyone chatted eagerly and at the end it was decided that you would represent your class, despite your attempts not to. You sighed and put away the chalk, scribbling your name onto the application form.

"Anyway, as much as the miss contest is like any other, there will be a different mister contest. After the miss is decided there will be a run over the school grounds. Whoever gets first will get to dance with the miss at the folk dance. Also there are no limitations regarding the number of people who can join the male contest." Everyone was cheering loudly- or well, the boys were.

"One more thing that needs to be discussed... what will our class do?" you took the chalk in your hands again and wrote down the suggestions one by one.

- maid café
- cosplay café
- normal café
- photo booth
- haunted house
- a play
-

---

"Say, Iwa-chan what is your class doing?"

"...Butler café. Only because Oikawa would be there and everyone wanted to see him in a tux. The boys only agreed because we'd make much money that way."

"Mmh...is that so..." your face didn't show it but you couldn't wait to see him wearing that. "Is he practising again? And Miura is eating with her classmates?"

The male nodded and continued to eat his lunch.

"It's just like at the beginning, when I hadn't met Oikawa yet." you giggled but Iwaizumi's expression stayed the same and you wondered if something was wrong.

"Iwa-chan?" at your concerned voice he suddenly wrapped an arm around your neck, pulling you close. Your face was squished against his chest and you didn't know what was going on.

Soon he let go, grabbed his things and went away without any explanation.

There was still a bit of time left until break ended so you decided to go to the gym. As expected a lot of girls crowded at the bleachers.

It was only him, standing on the court and preparing to serve. Since the last time you saw his serve it improved greatly, you somehow felt proud even though it wasn't your effort. He was completely concentrating on his practise, not even the loud screams of the fangirls could break through. You didn't have the heart to call out to him, you'd wait until he makes a break.

However, soon the bell rang and it was time to go back to class. The girls left one by one but the brunette didn't stop practising. By now you sat by the door, waiting patiently.

Lesson started, yet he continued and you stayed. Everyone was gone by now and you wondered how long he has been at it without a small break.

"Oikawa!" as you called out, you noticed a small reaction in his features. He looked around the gym before looking at you.

"Sorry to interrupt but shouldn't you take a small break?" you suggested concerned.

"Why? I just started at the beginning of lunch break, that was about ten minutes ago?" his expression was totally clueless, apparently he seemed to have lost track of time completely.

"Class just started a while ago. You've been immersed that much?!"

"Huh?! ...Is that so, well I guess it can't be helped, usually Iwa-chan gets me before lesson starts. Might just skip this one then." he walked to the bench to grab his water bottle and satisfy the thirst he didn't realise he had.
"We're all alone now, huh?"

~~~
[AN]
Soorrryyyy I think this was the longest delay ever... I'm so sorry it was so stressful, college started again and I was sick and birthday and writers block but here it is!

So whatever your class is doing is your choice, you may leave a comment and whatever gets the highest votes wins. You may post your own suggestions as well if you like.

I'll work harder!!! I'm thinking that my Oikawa is off, I'll blame it on his puberty.