41; like a ton of bricks

"You're spacing out." Iwaizumi remarked as you went home with him.

But you didn't notice because - as he just said - you're somewhere else with your mind.

Only when he tugged you at your sleeve you came back to earth.

"What did Oikawa do?"

He must have had mind reading powers since he was dead on.

"He said he loves me but rather wants to be friends, that's about the gist of it."

"Then how come you're making that face? A few weeks ago this would have made you happy?!" there was an obvious tone of sarcasm in his voice.

"I don't get what you mean at all~"

"You know exactly what I'm getting at."

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no-"

"You want to be more than friends."

"..."

"Sorry, that was too much..."

For a while it was silent. You wondered if he was actually mad at your childish behavior but on the other hand he should have been used to it (because of Oikawa).

The longer the silence, the more anxious you became. Is an apology not enough, or just what was he thinking.

"You know,..." as he started to speak your head snapped in his direction.

"Oikawa is smiling all the time, though most of the time it's fake. But it's always genuine when he's with you."

By now you reached your house but he still finished what he had to say before leaving.

"From the start you brought out his true nature and he's relaxing around you. He's changing, for the better. But maybe it's just me, who knows."

Taking in his words you stared at his leaving figure before going inside.

"I'm home."

"Hey sweetie, welcome back. Your father wants to talk to you, he's in the living room."

Wondering what was up you went to the room where he was already waiting.

"Say, that boy that hugged you earlier... invite him for dinner, will you?"

"No, why should I?"

"I just want to know how he makes my daughter smile like you that."

"Yeah and she was all excited for today, usually she was sick one week before sports events started." Your mom butted in.

"That has nothing to do with him! He's just a friend."

"We didn't imply anything else, honey."

"Geez fine, I'll ask him, satisfied now?!"

"Ask him what he wants to eat!" your mom called after you as you dashed to your room.

---

Tired you walked through the school halls. You didn't get much sleep.

All the things you didn't notice but when someone said "Oikawa-senpai", your ears were listening in without wanting to.

"Oikawa-senpai has a girlfriend now, hasn't he?"

"Yeah I saw them at the sports festival together! I'm kind of jealous."

Blushing you covered your face. You couldn't continue to listen anymore, it was embarrassing.

'We're not going out though, you got it all wrong! ...why does this even make me happy?!'

Arriving at your usual lunch spot you only found Iwaizumi and Miura.

"What's with that grin?!" Iwaizumi groaned, he seemed to be in a serious bad mood.

"She probably hasn't heard yet..." Miura didn't look much happier either.

"About what? What's wrong, you don't look so well?"

"Trashykawa has a girlfriend."

"Ahaha yeah I just heard girls talking about it, we're not really going out though. But, you should know? !"

Suddenly Kageyama came towards you, interrupting the conversation.

"Sorry but, the teacher asked for you. It's about some print outs, your in charge today."

"Ah right, I forgot, I'll do it immediately!"

Waving to your friends the both of you headed off to the teachers room.

You both took a staple of papers and went towards your classroom.

"...You seem awfully chipper today." Kageyama carefully eyed you, almost as being surprised by the fact.

"I guess I am."

As you passed by the window your gaze was magically drawn towards the scenery behind it.

In the distance there was Oikawa with a girl. 

They're kissing.

"Invite him for dinner, will you?"
"Ask him what he wants to eat."

"I guess she hasn't heard yet."
"Trashykawa has a girlfriend."

Kageyama noticed what happened. Usually he's so dense but this wasn't something hard to understand.

Shivers ran down his spine when you started giggling before it turned into a laughter.

"I got it all wrong."