Chapter 13

"Welcome to my home."

I open my eyes and find myself in a normal looking house. I didn't know where I was or how I got here but it seemed to be the home of Renée. I looked at Renée, I didn't know if I really wanted to spend the night with him, I hardly knew him. The only people I was comfortable spending a night with was Yoichi and Lacus.....and maybe Mika?

"Yuu?" Renée called me as I looked at him. "Do you want anything to eat? Before you go to bed?"

"Um..no thank you." I yawn. "I'm tired and want to go to bed quickly."

"Then I'll show you to your room." Renée said. "Come with me please." He led the way and I followed, walking up the stairs to a hallway filled with doors. "You can sleep here." He opened up one of the doors. "If you need anything, I'm next door."

"Thank you." I said as I walk in, before he left I called out to him. "And also- thanks for taking me in. If it weren't for you, by now, Lacus and Mika would still be fighting over me."

"Sorry about that." Renée said. "They're both very childish and they fight a lot."

"They don't seem to be on good terms with each other." I said.

"Believe it or not, they used to be best friends."

"They do? So what happened?"

"Love."

"Love?"

It then hit me, Mika once said he had lost his best friend because they were both in love with the same woman. So his best friend was Lacus, that made me feel bad for them. I like both Mika and Lacus, they were good guys and I was friends with both of them and I didn't like it when friends of mine fought. I've hear of situations before, people becoming rivals all because they like the same person, in my opinion it was ridiculous. Personally, I felt that it shouldn't be a reason to hate each other, why not just agree whoever the person chooses, the other person shouldn't get mad and should just let go quietly and move on.

But I guess it wasn't that simple.

"It's strange." Renée said.

"Strange? What's strange?" I ask.

"Love." He said. "There are so many things I don't understand about it. It works in mysterious ways. Mika and Lacus were the closest friends you could ever meet, they shared a special bond, especially when they were little. So many things went between those two. Lacus did so much for Mika, he changed him."

"Changed?" I ask.

"Let's just say..Mika wasn't always the good guy." He smiled. "And then a woman, a mere woman, came in and ruined everything for them. Sometimes thinking about it makes my blood boil a bit." He chuckled. "But it doesn't matter, in the end no one got the girls, even though she chose Mika over Lacus, she couldn't stay with it. She went back got married and started a family."

"She must have been really special." I said. "To have two boys love her so much that they would give up their friendship for her. Even though I find it stupid."

"Stupid?" He asked. "True. But sometimes I wish the woman never even came in the first place."

"Well it's not her fault." I said. "All she did was be herself and she had two guys after her-"

"Yes but, she's doing it again." Renée reached out and held my cheek with both hands, moving closer to me. I was getting really tired of these people and their lack of respect for personal boundaries. "It's like she didn't have enough and she's returned to settle score."

"Returned?" I asked. "What are you talking about?"

"Returned as in-" he used a finger and traced my lips. "She came back again, in another body, another gender...you really are a spitting image of your mother."