Chapter 3

"Here you are son."

My mother brought out stacks of cloths that men could wear in the late centuries, the only thing running through my mind was why she had all these?

I had suddenly been invited to attend a birthday party, not by just any body, but by Akane Hyakuya, born into the Hyakuya family, an infamous family that is both half British/ half Japanese. The dress code was what the British wore in the eighteenth century for balls and tea party. I didn't have any cloth like that so I had asked my mum and here we are now, searching through a piled up box filled with these cloths.

"Mum where did you get all this?" I ask.

"Your father and I were into these kinds of stuff." She said. "We would often dress as characters from Wonderland, sometimes at our family dinners, we wear this too."

It took so much of me to hold back from saying something. Dressing up like characters from a children's fairytale? Such nonsense. And hearing what she had said about our family, I was glad that we didn't do that anymore beause I would be so embarrassed about the whole thing.

"What about this one?" She points one out. "This actually belongs to me, this was what I wore on my first date."

"First date?" I ask looking at the cloth which, without a doubt, was a man's cloth. "Isn't that men's wear?"

She giggled. "Quite the funny story actually, you see there was this tea party but it was for men only, they were discussing important matters that they didn't want women to hear about." She rolled her eyes at the part. "I snuck into it, it was all the idea of the guy I went with. It was so much fun."

I didn't really see what was so fun of disobeying orders, they didn't want women there, they didn't want them there, what was so hard to leave there? It was the same as a girl holding a slumber party and a desperate boy dressing up as a girl to get in. Ridiculous. "So, I'm guessing the guy was dad?" Yuu asked.

She stared at me for a while, searching for what to see. "Son, just because I married your father, doesn't mean he was my first experience with guys."

"But you grew up together." Yuu said. "If I'm not mistaken."

"As a little girl, your father was just a brother to me." She said. "Eventually I came to fall in love with him."

"So he wasn't your first love?" I ask.

"No, not really." She said.

"Was the guy who took you to this tea party, was he your first love?" I ask.

"Y-yes, he was." She said.

I don't know why but I suddenly found myself interested to know more about this first love, I was curious to know how she left him and went for my dad who she had seen as a brother. But wanting to talk above lovey dove stuff was not something a seventeen year old boy would want to do with their mother, no matter how much they wanted to. They had to rep to keep. But it was just too tempting.

"Can you tell me a little about him?" I ask, she looks at me confused. "I'm just curious, I just want to now more about your relationship and why you broke up with each other."

She smiled. "Well, at first I was being a stubborn and approachable, mostly because I didn't like his flirtatious attitude. I always saw him moving around with young girls, so of course I wasn't interested in a guy like that, despite how good looking he was. But things happened and we became closer, I started liking him but always denied it. I can never forget the night we..." Her cheeks turned red. "Told each other about our feelings, it was the same day he took me to that men's tea party."