CHAPTER 12//REST IN PEACE

Some say death is painless, they say it can happen in the blink of an eye

Some say death is painless, they say it can happen in the blink of an eye. unexpectedly, without thought or judgement.

Today was there funeral. I still couldn't really get it through my head that they were gone, All gone. It felt like they left on a few business trips and left ross and I to babysit Riley. But it was nothing like that. Last night had been rough, ross worked late making sure everything was set for the funeral and when he finally did came home around 11:00pm we said nothing to each other. No hey or hi, no i missed you or i love you; but we held unto each other like it was the last and only thing to do and wept, i guess things had really sink in at that moment.

Staring at myself in the large mahogany mirror, i had to keep reminding my self that i was gonna be okay, that we were going be okay. Closing my eyes i whispered a 'i love you' to my family. footsteps approaching made me open my eyes looking at the mirror my eyes came into contact with Ross's hazel ones as he held Riley in his arms,she had on a pretty cotton white dress white black flowers that seemed to befalling down and gathered at the bottom of her dress, Her hazel eyes looked at me as if she knew what was happening. turning around i walked to ross and gave him a said hug. "You ready?" he whispered voice raspy and hoarse, he had been crying. "Yea." i replied hand in hand we walked down the stairs only to be met with, Olivia, Modesty, and the rest of ross's friends from his band. Modesty quickly sprang to her boyfriend pulling him out of my grip to hold his face in her hands. "Baby it's okay, you're gonna be fine.I love you." she said, a tear had fallen from his eyes and she quickly wiped it. i was really touching actually, i wish i had someone to do that for me.and then came Olivia she took Riley from ross's hands and came up to me. "hey how are you?" she said softly. "i'm alive." i said giving her a small smile as everyone began making there way out of the house.

The funeral was a very big one, almost over 300 people were there,our parent's friends,old classmates and worker, Vanessa and riker's friends, worker mates, classmates. everyone was there by the time the funeral had ended i was a mess,mascara all over my face, Olivia had to b the one to hold riley during the burial and ross had to literally raise me up, i fell to the ground as i saw vanessa's casket being gently relisted, my mom and dad had already been placed down,ross took all our flowers and placed one each on every casket. walking back to me he lifted me up into his strong arms as i wept and whispered sweet thing into my ear, i felt a tear escape from him, i wrapped my arms around his neck and cried into his chest,his black shirt now soaked with my tears.

There was an after party yes,but not at our home.it was at Olivia's house, when we asked her mom was more than willing to have it there.Ross didn;t want to have it at ours because of Riley.

That night after ever thing was finally over i ross and I sat at the grand-piano in the living room and sang our hearts out, releasing ever pain, hurt, anger, everything.

Tell me how I'm supposed to breathe with no air

If I should die before I wake

It's 'cause you took my breath away

Losing you is like living in a world with no air

Oh

I'm here alone, didn't wanna leave

My heart won't move, it's incomplete

Wish there was a way that I can make you understand

But how do you expect me

to live alone with just me

'Cause my world revolves around you

It's so hard for me to breathe

Tell me how I'm supposed to breathe with no air

Can't live, can't breathe with no air

It's how I feel whenever you ain't there

It's no air, no air

Got me out here in the water so deep

Tell me how you gonna be without me

If you ain't here, I just can't breathe

It's no air, no air

No air, air

No air, air

No air, air

No air, air

I walked, I ran, I jumped, I flew

Right off the ground to float to you

There's no gravity to hold me down for real

But somehow I'm still alive inside

You took my breath, but I survived

I don't know how, but I don't even care

[Both:]

So how do you expect me

to live alone with just me

'Cause my world revolves around you

It's so hard for me to breathe

No air, air

No air, air

No air, air

No air, air

No more

It's no air, no air

No air, air

No air, air

No air, air

No air, air

Tell me how I'm supposed to breathe with no air

Can't live, can't breathe with no air

It's how I feel whenever you ain't there

It's no air, no air

Got me out here in the water so deep

Tell me how you gonna be without me

If you ain't here, I just can't breathe

It's no air, no air

No air, air

No air, air

No air, air

No air

----------------------------------------------------------

told you it would suck.