CHAPTER 10//TEARS AND JOY

Ross and I were now legal guardians of Riley Adalia Lynch. it had been four days since our families death and we were both busy. Ross have to deal back and forth with both our parents lawyers and Riker and Vanessa's. In my parents' will they had left everything for Vanessa and I, but as vanessa was gone too everything went to me. same went for ross, he was so surprised as to having his fathers business handed down to him, with the help of the staff and board they were gonna help him run the company. My father's business was gonna be runned by his bestfriend and a 1/3 of the profits were for me. But putting that all aside the biggest shock came when the lawyer read the will of Riker and vanessa. there house would be given to the family member closet to them that were alive.And there money went to the guardians of there child or children to help with their upbringing. In there will they also said if anything were to happen to Vanessa & Riker lynch there child would be left in the capable and responsible hands of Ross Shor Lynch & Laura Marie Marano. Ross and i were beyond shock at the announcement. but after a day of thinking and planning everything through we were now the parents of riley. we moved into vanessa and riker's house seeing as they had everything for riley there and it was more comfortable than both our parents enormous house, and we both agreed it wouldn't be safe to have a baby soon to be a toddler in such a big house. so we both packed our things and moved in the house was now in our name, we had made a hard decision of selling both our parents' house and also the many cars that they owned just leaving them us with Ross' range rover, his Audi and my car.

I had not gonna one ounce of sleep last night, ross had not come home last night and Riley was a crying mess. i tried giving her some tea but i soon realized she was still accustomed to breast milk as she kept pulling my top down which made me shed a few tears.

to say i was pissed was an understatement i was furious. i tried calling ross' phone a number of times and he would not pick me, after 25 calls he finally sent a text saying he wasn't going to be home tonight. now i would be worried but i somehow ended up calling Olivia who lived one house away from Modesty and she told me ross' vehicle was parked in her yard. oh was mad. trying to shake it off and deciding i was going to deal with him in the morning in had continued tending to Riley who was whimpering in my arms. rocking her slowly, i had begun singing to her and it worked. after i had gotten her to sleep i checked the time and saw it was 1:47am. walking into my room which happened to be Vanessa's room, which ross and i had decided we would share i began crying, crying till the sun rose.

walking into the chicken i was making up my mind on what i was gonna cook for lunch when i saw a body moving at the side of my eyes, quickly i grabbed a frying pan ready to launch it at the person they quickly turned around and i was met with a disheveled ross eyes bloodshot and bags under his eyes. he had his hands up in the air as he looked at me with the pan in my man. "whoa there laura are you trying to kill me?' he asked hands still in the air. "am i trying to kill you? are you trying to kill me?" i asked heart beating fast " you almost gave eme a heart attack." i said breathing heavily. " oh i'm sorry but it's just me." he said turning around and as he turned i saw a hickey on his neck. "wow wow there sir not so easily. where the hell were you last night?" i asked even though i knew it sound more bossy when i asked it still. "out." he said punching into an apple and walking away "ross do not walk away from me i'm talking to you, you were out last night don't you know i need help with riley she was like a worldwind last night."i said dropping the pan and flowing him out the kitchen and into the living room. "but you took care of it so what's the problem." he asked not even looking at me for a moment as he turned on the tv and switched the channel to sports max. getting angry i grabbed the remote form his hands and turned the tv off. "what's the problem, oh i'll tell you what the problem is ross, You an I are parents! WE HAVE RESPONSIBILITIES,NOT ONLY WITH YOUR JOB, BUT WE HAVE A BABY TO TAKE CARE OF. WHILE I'M HOME WORKING MY ASS OFF, TO COO YOU SOME FOOD AND TAKE CARE OF RILEY, AND TRY TO GET HER TO SLEEP, YOU WERE PUT BANGING YOUR GIRLFRIEND, YOUR GIRLFRIEND WHO KNOWS YOU HAVE TO BE HOME TO HELP TAKE CARE OF YOUR NIECE!" I screamed at him, he was now angry too. "I DIDN'T WANT THIS SO DON'T YOU DEAR SHOUT AT ME LIKE I WANTED THIS TO HAPPEN. I'M 18 WHO THE HELL WANTS A KID AT 18 AND WANTS TO BE RUNNING A GODDAMN COMPANY! SO IF I'M STRESS I SHOULD BE ABLE TO GO TO MY GIRLFRIEND AND BANG ALL MY STRESS OUT ON HER!" "NOT WHEN YOU'RE SUPPOSE TO BE HOME HELPING ME TAKE CARE OF RILEY." we were now both full on screaming. "GODDAMN IT LAURA A COMPANY IS HARDER TO RUN THAN TAKING CARE OF A BUSINESS." he shouted pulling on the roots of his hair."IS THAT WHAT YOU THINK, THEN THINK AGAIN. I HAVE TO I NOT ONLY HAVE TO THINK ON WHAT'S BEST FOR HER BUT I HAVE TO THINK ON WHAT SHE'S THINKING BECAUSE SHE CAN'T TALK, I HAVE TO KEEP CONSTANTLY WONDERING, DOES SHE LIKE THIS, IS SHE COMFORTABLE, IS SHE HUNGRY, DOES SHE WANT TO SLEEP, IS SHE HAVING A HARD TIME TAKING A SHIT!" I screamed i know my face was red. as ross was about to answer we heard a crying from upstairs. ignoring ross i ran up the stairs running staight to her nursery. i saw her crying her arms out stretched. "it's okay sweety i've got you." i said rubbing her back, i guess our shouting woke her up. "it's okay it's okay." i whispered to her trying to calm her down. ross then walked into the room, walking up to me he took Riley from me and began smiling at her. "hey there girl, i missed you so much did you miss me? i hope so, i'm sorry i didn't come home last night, i was just so stress that i needed to get my mind off of everything, and that's were i'm wrong, i'm sorry i left you guys, i abandoned you both and i' sorry." i said one of his finger was wrapped around her small hand as he held her a tear slipping down his cheek, i had realized that he wasn't just apologizing to riley, but to the both of us. smiling softly as a tear slipped down my cheek as well i walked up to him and hugged him from behind, kissing his broad back.

things were gonna be hard, but atdleast we have each other.

"I;m sorry Laura, i was being self-fish thinking that you'd be fine on our own with her and that i was the only one stressed." he said softly i walked to face him saw a small smile on his face when our eyes connected.

"it's okay, i', sorry i behaved how i behaved too, i guys you do need some time for yourself as well." i said hugging him. a large giggle interrupted our embrace. looking down i saw our niece was giving us both a teeth less grin her cute little gum pink. " awww." i said laughing at her as i placed a kiss on her forehead. "those two smiles will be my only reason for breathing." ross said a small smile on his face, i was gonna asked him what about modesty but realize it was gonna ruin the moment so i ignored it and placed a tender kiss on his cheeks as he smiled at me. " Me too." i said. looking at my best friend a babygirl smile at me had instantly made me feel all giddy inside, and it's been a while since i felt that way.