The Silk Weaver (Part 8)

So, I've no idea what's going on in canon, I don't read it and am therefore not up to date. I stopped reading almost immediately after I saw Levi and Eren in the same frame because at that time I started reading ereri fics. I became obsessed with ereri and found that I couldn't read the canon anymore because it physically hurt to not see them together. So I only read fics and that's why I don't know the timeline or any of the fine details and it's the reason my story goes off on a whole other track and totally disregards canon. So if I get something wrong, feel free to point it out but do it kindly and know that I probably won't fix it because it goes with what my storyline is. Sorry.

I don't remember where they ended up in the original but for now I'm gonna say that Eren, Mikasa and Armin were in Trost and the cadet's training ground is inside Rose.

Sincerely,

Shado on'nanoko.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I remembered, back when everything was fine and everything was perfect, when Levi was with me and life was good. I remembered times when Levi would talk about taking me to the walls and his plans for setting up my new life inside. Once I was in the walls I would take Levi's name, Ackerman, and I would tell anyone that asked that I was his 'brother', adopted.

The story would be that we both lived in the underground and grew up together, me taking Levi's last name since I didn't have one. We ran a few scams together and learned how to use 3DMG, got a house and took in Isabel and Farlan. I didn't take part in most of the things Levi and the others did, leading to my name fading into the background and leaving Levi's in the Underground spotlight. It would explain why Erwin didn't know about me when he came to get Levi, and my angel, the lovable and protective being he is, didn't mention me so I wouldn't be forced to fight titans and more than likely die.

I, realizing that Levi and the others hadn't returned, investigated and discovered that they were taken. I then searched the Underground for a few years and then gained access to the surface through a long and complex process that took a few months in itself. Eventually I heard about Levi being humanities strongest but could never manage to get close enough to him or any scout to reunite until...well, the last part's pretty shot now, but the rest of it was still usable unless someone expected me to pick locks or something.

When the blond child(not children, Armin had pouted and stated forcefully that they were in their early teens) asked who I was, I responded as casually as I could that I was 'Eren Ackerman' and that 'I'm not from around here'. Mikasa jumped, surprise written clearly on her face while Armin gasped.

"That's Mikasa's last name too!"

I quickly studied her and, looking closer, she did have a few similarities with Levi. There was the smooth black hair, the silver-like eyes and pale complexion. We hadn't thought of this scenario. So, caught completely off guard, I blurted out the first thing that came to mind.

"Well it's mine too...yup..."

I immediately wanted to bang my head against the wall.

Armin's eyes sparkled with possibilities as he shouted, "You could be related!"

I didn't say yes but I didn't deny it either because Mikasa, buried under the scratchy blanket she seemed to have taken a liking to and huddled deep in the corner of the room, looked so hopeful. I let them believe whatever they wanted, leaving them to come up with their own stories and theories while I relaxed. If they really wanted to know, they could ask and I'd be sure to tell them the fabricated story.

We lived in the house I'd found them, not ideal but there weren't many other options. I blocked off the basement for my own peace of mind, telling them not to go down. There was no need to, they avoided to door like I avoided cooking.