Crazy Little Thing Called Love

This chapter is an attempt to get the ball rolling in the plot line. Bear with the cheesiness of this chapter please and thank you.

PS: Titans have mates...deal

Sincerely,

Shado on'nanoko.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

After I returned to good health(no help from Levi there) we started back on our usual schedule. Levi would show up on random days and we would clean for the better part of the morning(blegh!), then we would wander around the forest with Levi pointing things out and ordering me to remember them every now and then. After that, we would catch something, cook it(why?! Why Levi!?) and then Levi would leave right before nightfall. We talked more and life was good. I grew to hate the times he left more and more, latching on to him whenever I saw the sun begin to dip into the trees. I would hold him even when he resisted and tried to physically pry me off(no humans strength is a match for a titans, even in human form), insisting that there was still more time and that there was no reason to leave yet. Of course, Levi would still leave me in the end, but would always return a day, maybe three, depending on how busy he was.

Expeditions were no longer a concern. I knew Levi would come back. He told me that he had even begun making a name for himself. That he had the highest kill count for a human in their first year. I was so proud of my little human and, from the way he talked about the situation, I could tell that he was proud of himself as well.

We still bickered and had little arguments about stupid things but otherwise, I couldn't be happier.

So when Levi didn't get ready to leave when the sun started to melt into the horizon, I knew something was up.

"When I was gone..."

Oh yeah, something was definitely up.

"I realized...that I haven't taught you everything yet." I perked up at that. I really enjoyed learning about what humans do and how they live. It was my favorite part of the day. Those times that Levi would teach me about what people do and how they act.

"What is it? What else is there?" Levi sighed and mumbled something that vaguely sounded like 'I'm going to regret this' but then turned to face me.

"It's this stupid ass thing called love."

I quirked a brow. "Love? What's that?"

"It's when you...care about someone so much that you always want to be with them." He grimaced. "That you want to do shit with them and fuck. Everyone goes crazy eyed over it for some fucked up reason. Its not like it's some amazing thing. You love someone, fuck and then leave them when you don't love them anymore. Its just how the world works."

I stare at Levi in awe. This love thing sounds fascinating.

"This love thing...does it make people happy?" I asked, intrigued. Levi shrugged a shoulder, his usual frown deepening. "I don't know, Eren." This time I frowned. If it didn't make you happy, then why do people like it so much? "Sometimes it looks like they're having the fucking time of their lives, then they hate each other. To be honest, I don't really understand it."

"I'm confused." I frowned.

"So am I, brat. So am I."

After that, Levi simply hummed and then flew off into the darkening forest. Leaving me in my cave to think on these new discoveries.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Levi wasn't able to come the next day, or the day after that. I guess that he had a lot of work to do? Levi is very skilled(from what Levi's told me) so maybe he's finally being recognized! That would be wonderful, Levi hates being a foot soldier.