Life With You (Part 1)

When Eren mentions wings, he means the cloak and the survey corps symbol on it. This is going to be an arc of sorts, so the 'Life With You Arc'. It's long and will take up some chapters. It's basically showing what I like to call the honeymoon years.

Sincerely,

Shado on'nanoko.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

~A few weeks later~

Strong, thin fingers carded through my hair, pulling on the occasional knots and massaging my scalp, slowly lulling me to sleep. The sun was high in the sky, warm and soothing, making me smile at the face above me. His head was haloed by the light, making his dark hair shine and eyes shimmer. My head was laid on his lap, him sitting on a clean(oh so very clean) rock with me lying beside him. Levi didn't smile back, but then again, he doesn't really smile all that often.

"So how's the Survey corps? Anything new?" I asked. Instantly, Levi's face crumpled but straitened out a second later, attempting to hide the strong emotion. Something bad must've happened. "What is it?" Levi's fingers paused but continued in their usual pattern after a second.

"I told you that there was an expedition a few days ago, yes?" I nodded. "Barely twenty of us came back out of the original number. Fucking twenty. So many of us died. Kids! For nothing! We didn't gain any territory, we didn't find out something that we didn't know, we didn't knock off a whole bunch of shithead titans, we didn't do anything!"

His fingers tightened in my hair, pulling and making me wince.

"Levi..."

Looking down, he realized what he was doing and slowly let go. I sat up, turning to face him and frowned when he wouldn't meet my eyes. "Levi, look at me." He stubbornly refused but let me guide his face upwards and towards mine.

"You are so kind, so caring. I wish I could take away all your pain. Stop the titans from killing your comrades. I don't deserve someone as great as you." I smiled when he gently leaned into my hand as I brushed it against his cheek. "At times, I wish that you would leave that life and come live here, with me. But you're too good to do that. You're too nice, noble to just leave those people defenseless when you know that you could do something."

Levi stared at me, face carefully blank.

"Bullshit."

And with that, he stood up and walked away.

"Aw, come on, Levi! Don't go! Come back!" Levi just shook his head and continued on his way.

"Why is your face red, Levi?"

"Shut up."

"Is that a blush?"

"Get the fuck away from me."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

So life went on. Every day was an adventure. I learned so much about 'relationships' and the world inside the walls. Levi tries his best to teach me everything that he knows about the world but there are still things I don't completely understand. I want to be closer to him, to know everything there is to know about him. I want us to be closer.

I want to one day tell him what I really am.

"Come with me." Was the first thing I heard from Levi the moment I stepped out of my cave. He refused to tell me where it was that we were going to but I suddenly didn't care as much once he slipped his hand into mine and gave me a small, playful smile. Warmth spread from our connected hands and caused my chest to tighten in the most wonderful way. I smiled brightly and relented to Levi's not-so-gentle tugs. He led us around trees and through bushes. Animals scattering as we stumbled through the green.