C.R//I hate you, I love you

*Your POV*

4 months... He has a girlfriend to keep him company. I have the memories him and I made to keep me company. He's happy and healthy. I've been diagnosed with depression and on pills that're supposed to help it. He let go. I can't let go.

My thumb hovered over the call button.

'It doesn't hurt to just say hello does it?'

'Of course it does! What're you thinking!'

'Whoops, I hit the button.'

Well too late now.

"Hello?" I heard on the other end.

"Hey Carter," I said quietly.

"Oh hey Y/N."

There was an awkward tension between the line.

"How've you been?" I asked. "It's so nice to hear your voice."

"I'm really good... What about you?" I didn't respond. "Y/N."

"Carter you don't understand-"

"You can't do this to yourself! I'm happy, and you should be too!" He said a little angry,

"I knew this was a stupid mistake to call you," I whispered.

"Y/N, I'm sorry. I just don't feel the same way when I'm around you than when we were 15."

"I know. You might not, but I do." He didn't speak for a couple minutes

"Sometimes, you might think you love someone. And that can last for years, until you finally realize that who you think you love isn't what you want."

I took a deep breath and a tear slid down my cheek. "I hate that I love you Carter. I wish I could move on."

"I wish you could too," he whispered. Not in a rude way, but just an honest way. "What about Johnson? You guys have been best friends for a long time."

"It's not the same. You actually love someone. Do you know how hard it is to see someone you love find someone else?"

"I do know. It's just that I realized, I don't love that person as much as I thought I would."

I pursed my lips together. "I gotta go. Have a nice life Carter. I hope you find exactly what you want, and I mean that. You deserve to be happy."

"Wait, Y/N-"

I cut him off by hanging up. I slowly got up and inched toward the bathroom. I turned the tub on and grabbed my blow dryer, plugging it in. The tub slowly filled up and I stepped in, putting on one of Carters hoodies that he left here.

"I love you," I whispered, and dropped in the blow dryer. I was shocked immediately, and was ready to go where I knew I belonged.