To Share a Mother. (Future, established relationship)

"Maaaaaaaaa!" The loud cry came from the living room. Krystle was washing the dishes when she heard the call. She took her time wiping off both the plate that she had finished washing and her hands; she knew Nikil wasn't in any trouble, his dad was with him.
"Maaaaaaaa!" He was only 3 and a half but had strength in that voice of his.
"Haan Haan, I'm here, don't yell so loud." Krystle sat down on the carpet where her son sat with crossed arms and a pout that could rival her own. Running a hand through his wild locks she asked, " kya hua baba?"
"Maaaa, papa says he's your favorite guy, lekin you said main tumhaara best guy hoon, you said so last night, tell him maa tell him!" The pout returned after he finished his complaint, and Krystle laughed. Her giggling must have sent the wrong message because Nikil's face started to turn up into what she could see was the beginning of a massive crying session. She took action right away.
"Nahin, don't cry, achachha I'll tell papa." This seemed to make him happy because immediately he turned to his dad, who was sitting on the couch above them with a smile on his face, and gave him a smug look waiting for her to speak. How he knew to be smug was beyond her, actually not so much, it must have been from observing his father. These moments still made her awe. He resembled his dad so much, both physically and behaviorally, that it made her heart squeeze in the best way.
"Maaaaaa", it came out as a whine this time. Krystle snapped out of her thoughts.
"Tell him."
"Yes okay." Turning to her husband she saw the teasing glint in his eyes that she's been seeing for years now. The man was impossible, even with their son he couldn't give up his troublesome and teasing ways. The thought made her smile, gosh she loved him.
"Karan..."
"Haan?" She knew he couldn't resist the smirk that appeared on his face.
"It's true, I told Nik last night that he's my best guy."
"Theek hai, lekin I didn't say I'm your best guy, I said I'm your favorite guy."
"Same thing papa!"
Krystle shook her head, like she said, the man was impossible.
"Achchha suno, how about I have two best guys?" Please let this work she thought.
"Nahin, I'm your only best guy, papa can't take my place."
"I was here first." She shot the grown man-child she called her husband a warning glare.
"Papa isn't taking your place, you guys are just sharing. Remember what I thought you? Sharing is a way for good boys to show their love. Sharing is good and it makes people smile." She turned herself fully towards him.
"You're a good boy, hai na?" She smiled at his determined nod.
"You love papa and want to make him smile, right?" Another sure nod came.
"So you'll share, you'll both be my best guys?" This time the nod was slow and came after some hesitation.
She looked up at Karan, the question now aimed at him.
He smiled before saying, "well I guess we could share, we could start a club, "mommy's best guys", how bout that?" The enthusiastic nodding that followed almost had her concerned for his neck.
"Haaaaan, a club!" Krystle watched in contentment as he jumped up on his father and began making plans for this 'club'. The smile that rested on her face only widened when she glanced at Karan and caught the wink he sent her way over the bouncing toddler on his lap. She shook her head, stood up, and made her way to their bedroom.

~~~~~~
Later that night, after they both put Nikil to sleep, the young parents were getting themselves ready for bed.
"You really can't help yourself with the teasing can you?" She tried to make her voice stern and even placed her hands on her hips but the smile on her face gave her away. Don't blame her, it's almost impossible for her not to smile where this man is concerned.
"I really can't." He had made his way to her, stepping into her space and placed his arms around her waist.
She raised her head and placed her arms around his back in return, feeling the play of muscles under her fingers. His eyes shone with love and contentment and peace and happiness and every thing that she was sure were reflected in her own.
"He's so possessive of you. A man after my own heart." The joke and implication weren't lost on her, but his words struck a thought in her.
"Oh gosh what am I going to do when the baby comes. It's going to be tonight times a thousand." In her voiced concern she hadn't realized what she said, what she implied.
She felt the slight tensing of the arms around her but it didn't really register in her brain, it was too busy thinking up strategies to deal with Nikil if he gets jealous of the baby.
"Baby?" The deep voice of her husband, strangled with emotions, brought her out of her thoughts. Her eyes widened when she realized that she'd sprung the news on him unintentionally, she wanted to think of a great way to tell him, something special. Mentally cursing herself for her running mouth, she looked down and sighed.
"Krystle...... mujhe dekho." She looked up and the sight that greeted her was that of eyes filled with fierce and intense emotions, of love and excitement, of joy and determination, of loyalty and protectiveness. But behind it all, she saw the fear and uncertainty and apprehension that any one would have at the prospect of a child, even a second one.
Reaching up she ran her fingers through his hair, an action she knew would put him at ease.
"I took a test, multiple tests actually, all were positive. I scheduled a doctor's appointment to be certain, but I'm sure 5 pregnancy tests saying the same thing was confirmation enough." The emotions in his eyes increased ten fold after hearing the words and his grip on her waist loosened; he always kept a light grip on her while she was pregnant.
She was about to voice her observation, but as soon as she opened her mouth his head dipped and all she could register was the weight of his lips on hers, trapping her in a deep and bruising kiss.
The kiss ended with her lower lip between his, the scrape of his teeth as he drew it out left her hot and buzzing for more. His forehead made contact with hers as they both tried to catch their bearings.
"I love you. I love you so much. You've given me so much happiness that when I think about it I can't even breath sometimes. And now my happiness is about to expand and I didn't know that was possible until I literally felt it in me just now. Thank you." The pure, unadulterated love she had for this man in front her was ever growing, always expanding, and the knowledge was unsurprising yet it never ceases to amaze her.
"I love you too Karan. With everything that I have in me, I love you. But don't think that our children are my doing alone, you have given them to me as much as I have given them to you. So. Thank. You."
One last moment was spent drowning in each other's eyes, until Karan suddenly picked her up bridal style, causing her to squeal happily, and carried her to their bed.
"Come on Mrs. Tacker, let's get you to bed, you have a child in there to take care of."
"Karan I swear to god if you even think about being extra protective and treating me as if I'm a child again, I'm calling your mother to deal with you."
"You wouldn't dare."